1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2014 5:00 PM by Josh_Corey

Completing forms using Android Phone

est8prof

I can't get FormsCentral to work on my Android phone.  It says that I either need to update my browser (using Chrome) or that I need to update Flash and then it says Flash is not supported.  This could be a deal-breaker for a work project if my participants can't complete the forms using their Android phones. All of the questions I have found says that Android is compatible, but that has not been my experience so far.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to get my forms to work on my phone?

• 1. Re: Completing forms using Android Phone
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

There are two different parts of FormsCentral, the authoring and the form filling.  Form filling works fine on Android and iOS, when you send a URL to your fillable form to someone all they need is any modern web browser to fill out and submit that form, they are not required to sign in, or be running Adobe Flash.

For the authoring side, which includes viewing and analyzing the responses to the form, Flash Player is required as well as signing into the service.  In order to sign into FormsCentral you need Flash which is not supported on iOS or Android.

To get around the lack of Flash, and to be able to view responses or do form authoring there are some apps available to run Flash on Android and iOS and I wrote a review of a few of the iOS options here: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4091#comment-13726

So - to be clear - filling out FormsCentral forms on Android or iOS is fully supported and your users would not have issue with this. 

Thanks,

Josh