5 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2007 4:49 AM by Simon Bailey

Mp3 player

undielord
      Ok i just got Flash CS3 and i been trying to look for things to get me started with creating a mp3 player. I can figure out ways but can someone get me started like what are all things i need? XML? or whatever those things... If you all ever have made a mp3 player or seen a tutorial in details please help me out.

thanks
      Undie
        • 1. Re: Mp3 player
          Simon Bailey Level 1
          Ok, the xml can be utilised to create a playlist, however, if your starting out creating an mp3 player in AS3 (I presume its AS3 your going for) then I would simply stick with hard coding one mp3 file first then move onto a playlist. First look at the Sound class as this is what is going to get you listening to something in the first place, below I have written a bit of code for you as an example, then start adding to it by looking through all the related classes and properties to the Sound class i.e. length, soundComplete and id3 property.

• 2. Re: Mp3 player
            joeschmoesdf
            I would recomend looking at the flv player it does this and the as is included so you can see what they did and how they did it
            • 3. Re: Mp3 player
              Simon Bailey Level 1
              thats the easy option :) code it ya'll!!!!
              • 4. Mp3 player
                joeschmoesdf Level 1
                "I can figure out ways but can someone get me started like what are all things i need? XML? or whatever those things... If you all ever have made a mp3 player or seen a tutorial in details please help me out.."

Why reinvent the wheel you have to play the music so just take what has been done and learn from it

i rest my case
                • 5. Re: Mp3 player
                  Simon Bailey Level 1
                  I appreciate what your saying but theres more than one way to skin a cat. Components offer an insight and definitely can be utilised as a learning tool but they can also be quite rigid when developers want to modify aspects of the component and impliment coding practices which far exceed the scope of any newbie to actionscript. If you are seeking to learn actionscript development which I presume most posting in this 'actionscript' forum are, then starting off with the raw building blocks and working up to a completed application, this can be a very beneficial way of learning code and application development as opposed to stripping components down. Each to their own.