What version of Premiere Elements and what computer operating system is involved?
The answers are most likely to come from
1. What is your antivirus program? And, are you doing the installation with antivirus and firewalls turned Off?
2. Are you working from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?
3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements?
4. Is your video card/graphics card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? Does the Device Manager/Display Adapters/ indicates that your computer uses 1 or 2 video cards/graphic cards?
Is your computer optimized? I would suggest that you start
1. ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts)
2. general clean up/clear out of unnecessary files and computer...look at installed and available RAM, free hard drive space..
3. Install to default locations, with antivirus and firewalls turned Off.
Please review and consider. The Internet is full of link to fixing HRESULT: 0x80070BC9 errors. But, let us see how we do with the above considerations.
Computer and operating system and version of Premiere Elements?
Download or from a disc?
Lots of questions that need answers, and you have not given us enough information to be able to help us help you.
We are not sure of your background in video editing with Premiere Elements. We want you to succeed in your projects. So, do not hesitate to ask if you are not sure how to answer any of the questions. We will work with your so that we are in sync with what has to be done to resolve your Premiere Elements issue.