9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2014 12:48 PM by A.T. Romano

I can't login to adobe form Premiere Elements 12

zuettu

I've just Installed Premiere Elements 12 and when I first opened the program it asked me to login with my Adobe ID. So I did, the window disappeard and the workspace showed up, but when I watched under "help" I wasn't logged in and still can't get rid of the watermark. Any suggestions? I allready tried to deinstall-install but the same issue appeard.

• 1. Re: I can't login to adobe form Premiere Elements 12
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>wasn't logged in and still can't get rid of the watermark

I am a bit confused... you enter your serial number to register the program to remove the watermark from future work... did you enter your serial number?

Remove Watermark http://forums.adobe.com/thread/433730?tstart=30

• 2. Re: I can't login to adobe form Premiere Elements 12
            A.T. Romano Level 7

zuettu

I understand what you are saying.....

You installed the program and after the restart you were greeted with a Sign In dialog to which you typed in your Adobe ID and password.

(For information for others, there is no request for a serial number in the Sign In dialog.)

The program then opened to the Premiere Elements 12 workspace. Great, that should mean that the program has been activated.

If that is the case, when you go to the Expert or Quick workspace, Help Menu/ you should see "Sign Out (your email address)".

What do you see?

If you are opening a project.prel file saved from the tryout version of the program in the purchased version, two things should happen

a. the program can automatically remove the watermark (happens for many of us)

or

b. the typically way, you go to Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files.

Please supply more details and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...The following details the sequence of events for Premiere Elements 12 installation, especially with regard to place to enter serial number and filling in the Sign In dialog.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/12/pe12-adobe-idpassword-requirement-for.html

• 3. Re: I can't login to adobe form Premiere Elements 12
              zuettu Level 1

Thanks for your fast answers!

When I go to the Help Menu I still see Sign In, for me that means the software isn't fully activated. When I click Sign In I get the same Login dialog (without the serialnumber), and after typing my username and password, the dialog disappears and I'm still not logged in. There's no error message.

I also tried to remove the watermarks by deleting the rendered files, but didn't work.

• 4. Re: I can't login to adobe form Premiere Elements 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

zuettu

Those Premiere Elements 12 Sign In issues are difficult. I am currently caught in one on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Please take a look at the following troubleshooting possibilities on this and let us know if any of the ideas in the following worked for you.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: I can't login to adobe form Premiere Elements 12
                  zuettu Level 1

I tried both ways, but neither one worked for me. I'm going to try to install on a different computer, just for a test, but I need it to work on my computer anyway.

However, thanks for your support, I hope you have further suggestions.

• 6. Re: I can't login to adobe form Premiere Elements 12
                    John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You MAY need chat, so a technician may do a 'remote viewing' to look inside your computer

Select a topic, then click I STILL NEED HELP to start Premiere Elements chat

-http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements

• 7. Re: I can't login to adobe form Premiere Elements 12
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

zuettu

I am still stuck with my Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8.1 64 bit that will not get beyond the Sign In dialog. In my case, I am stuck with "Connect to Internet and check computer clock setting". Both are fine. Yet I can install that Premiere Elements 12 serial number on another computer without problems. I am going to try a few more troubleshooting maneuvers on this problem later this everning. My suggestions in the blog post did not work for me in my present situation. There has got to be another "remedy" out there that has not surfaced yet.

Please let me know if you have any breakthroughs with the issue on your side, that is, can you get a successful install of the serial number on another computer?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: I can't login to adobe form Premiere Elements 12
                        nealeh Level 5

Try this:

• Temporarily disable your anti-virus and firewall and rename C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts to hosts.old.
                        • When you start PRE do so by Right-clicking and selecting Run As Administrator.
                        • Now try and Sign In. Hopefully it will work.
                        • Rename hosts.old back, and turn back on your firewall and anti-virus.

Cheers,
                        --
                        Neale
                        Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 9. Re: I can't login to adobe form Premiere Elements 12
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

zuettu

How are you progressing with your Premiere Elements 12 Sign In issue? Thanks again for looking at the hosts file and SLStore Folder and SLCache Folder renaming which did not prove to be the fix for your issue.

Today I added a new fix to my "Premiere Elements 12 will not open" troubleshooting tools chest and reported on it in the thread of HEHO (post 2).

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1460218?tstart=0

In post 7 of the thread that we are in now I mentioned my own Premiere Elements 12 cannot Sign In problem which was associated with a Connect to Internet or Fix Computer Clock Setting message. The answer turned out to be to update the Adobe Application Manager as reported in the HEHO thread. It was Sandeep who held the key to that idea.

Although you have not mentioned getting the same message in your particular Sign In failure, it might be worthwhile trying the update Adobe Application Manager route.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR