6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2014 5:56 PM by A.T. Romano

PRE12 new project does not open

pre12peter

pre12 new project does not open

I have installed Premiere Elements 12 today by downloding from the adobe web site, apparently successfully, but when I klick on the "new project" button in the PRE12 start window nothing happens: the bar with the zebra stripes keeps rotating, but no workspace window opens.

There was a virtually identical problem reported here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1428232

but the resolution involved an expert taking remote control of the computer ...

I hope someone from Adobe can help.

Thanks, Peter

• 1. Re: PRE12 new project does not open
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 9 with the 9.0.1 update).

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac"

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

•Are you using an account with Administrator Privileges?

Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 (Encore + "All" Premiere)

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

• 2. Re: PRE12 new project does not open
            pre12peter Level 1

As I stated already, I have downloaded Adobe Premiere Elements 12 yesterday, but when I try to open "new project" on the PRE12 start window nothing happens, except the zebra-striped bar scrolles and scrolles.

The problem seems identical to one reported earlier here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1428232

relevant system specs:

IntelCore i5, 6 GB RAM, 70 GB free space on HD,

Windows 7 x64, all recent updates

Five months ago I ran successfully PRE 10 on this system, but now this does not seem to work either any more ...

• 3. Re: PRE12 new project does not open
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

This is not Adobe. We are Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their Premiere Elements workflow issues.

Have you run through all the details of the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum thread that you referenced in you opening post? Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes.

If you want to contact Adobe on this matter, then please click on the following link. And, when it opens, click on the statement "Still Need Help? Contact Us." to bring up the Adobe Chat for a discussion on Downloading, installing, and setting up.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=downloading-installing -and-setting-up

Adobe is the only one who can take control over your computer remotely with your permission to look for a Premiere Elements solution if your details do not reveal the problem.

My basic check list would include

1. Issue with and without antivirus turned On

2. Running Run As Administrator and from User Account with Administrative Privileges....if you have not done so already, right click the Premiere Elements 12 desktop icon and select Run As Administrator

3. Latest version of QuickTime installed on same computer with Premiere Elements

4. Video card/graphics card driver up to date according to web site of manufacturer of card

Assuming you are running Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, delete the whole 12.0 Folder in the following path...

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

Make sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: PRE12 new project does not open
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

I did not see your latest post until after I had posted mine (numbered 3).

What do you mean Premiere Elements 10 does not work any more? Same computer? Still installed along side of Premiere Elements 12? How is 10 not working, cannot open a new project or something else?

Are you working from purchased or tryout of version 12?

ATR

• 5. Re: PRE12 new project does not open
                  pre12peter Level 1

Hi A.T., that sounds like a lot of good advice that I should follow through.

When I have any concrete progress. I will report again. - Thanks, Peter

• 6. Re: PRE12 new project does not open
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

Thanks for giving the troubleshooting suggestions a look.

We look forward to learning of your progress when you get a chance.

Best wishes

ATR