4 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2014 6:57 AM by dogshank

AMT Subsystem Failure

ivvaughan

I have tried to install CS 4 onto a new laptop. All the applications open fine except InDesign, which gives me an error message that says AMT subsystem failure, Error 5. It is odd that it's only InDesign that presents the error. Does anyone know what this means and how to fix?

• 1. Re: AMT Subsystem Failure
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

If it's Windows, try this: Flexnet Patch

Don't worry that the description says Vista only and it's for Acrobat...

• 2. Re: AMT Subsystem Failure
            dogshank

I have this problem too and I can't resolve it. Perhaps someone can help. Here are some details:

I bought a new macbook pro (OS 10.9.2) and transferred CS4 applications across (how was I to know this was a dumb idea? Not easy to reinstall as no DVD drive on macbook)

Predictably none of them worked but after much frustration I got PS and AI working fine after copying a single folder across from my old mac (can't remember which folder).

InDesign quitted on startup though. No error message, just 'unexpectedly quit'.

So I reinstalled ID from the original disks using another computer as a removable drive.

On launching ID I now get the error mentioned by the original poster, i.e.:

AMT Subsystem Failure

Error 5

This is not a helpful message.

As per instructions elsewhere I tried removing the FLEXnet Publisher folder in library/preferences but then PS and AI didn't work either so I swiftly put it back. I'm not prepared to hack around randomly with anything else in case PS and AI go belly up, and I have work to do.

All advice I find online is years old and doesn't work. I downloaded the 'Licence Recovery' app and my mac tells me it can't run powerPC software! Good grief.

Please can anyone help me?

• 3. Re: AMT Subsystem Failure
              BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

CS4 is unsupported under Mavericks. You are on your own but you can try this.

First, uninstall the entire mess. Then run the cleaner tool: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Then download the CS4 installers and try again: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs4-product-downloads.html

• 4. Re: AMT Subsystem Failure
                dogshank Level 1

Thanks for your help. In that case I'll give it a miss because I've got a hunch I'll be left with nothing at the end of it.

I understood that CS4 was supposed to work with Mavericks. Oh well.

I think one of the reasons people go for pirated software is that when they get infinitely frustrating problems like this, over which they have no control, as least they haven't lost any cash.