15 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2014 11:53 AM by A.T. Romano

No sound on DVD in Elements 11

Agaz

I have Elements 11. All editing works well, but when I author or publish a DVD there is no sound. I have checked the audio and video boxes in settings but how do I get the sound and video to record together on the DVD?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Agaz

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

If you were to export your Timeline to Publish+Share/Computer/AVI with Presets = DV NTSC Standard or DVD NTSC Widescreen (or PAL counterpart) in order to produce a DV AVI file, does that file playback with video and audio?

Where exactly are you doing this

I have checked the audio and video boxes in settings but how do I get the sound and video to record together on the DVD?

since there is not audio and/or video boxes in settings for Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc.

Let us start here and then decide what next based on your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
            Agaz Level 1

Thank you for writing.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.

I am building the menu in a Elements and prefer to publish the whole thing from there if I can.

Antón Gazenbeek

• 3. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Anton Gazenbeek

Where is the sound missing on the DVD-VIDEO on DVD? Is the missing audio the Timeline audio that is linked to the video or are you referring to audio that you added to a DVD menu for the DVD? Or, are you saying that there is no audio on the DVD, from Timeline or menus?

ATR

• 4. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
                Agaz Level 1

No timeline audio. It plays perfectly and sounds perfect on timeline but does not record onto DVD. I have tried numerous recordings, all same result.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

• 5. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Agaz

Thanks for the follow ups.

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements.

Are you running the program Run As Administrator as well as from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

Is the any protected content on the Timeline?

For troubleshooting purposes, please export this Timeline to DV AVI to determine if there is sound in the DV AVI when it is played back with a computer player.

If you start a new project (a mini test run) and take it to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc is there no sound again in the end product?

ATR

• 6. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
                    Agaz Level 1

No protected content.

I'm not running from any user account.

I did a mini test run. Same issue: no sound.

I will try to export to AVI now.

• 7. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Agaz

Please check out Control Panel and the User Account area. Find your account there. Does it show "Administrator" on the thumbnail for the computer account that you are using? It is essentially that Premiere Elements and QuickTime be running from a User Account with Administrative Privileges. And, in some cases, you need to right click the desktop thumbnail for the program and select Run As Administrator.

We can talk about that some more. We are looking forward to the DV AVI results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
                        Agaz Level 1

Now I can't get Elements to open at all. It keeps crashing!

• 9. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Agaz

Next post we will go into a check list for troubleshooting strategy, but for now

You say that you can't get Elements to open at all...when did that start

a. After you right clicked the desktop icon and selected Run As Administrator

or

b. Other

Did you get the DV AVI export done before this program setback?

ATR

• 10. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
                            Agaz Level 1

Before I set to admin.

Was not able to record Avi. Crashed a I tried to open.

I have only 2Gb on my C drive, so I have cleared more space. Maybe this affects it??

• 11. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Agaz

Installed/Available RAM and free hard drive space are major keys to success in these projects, especially those with more demands on the computer resources.

2 GB of installed RAM is surely enough to install the program, but will get you into problems creating a project. Even for SD larger projects, you should be looking at installed RAM 4 GB. When you get to HD projects, best think 8 GB installed RAM (64 bit computer system). Freeing up the hard drive space helps, but it is a separate issue from gaining available RAM.

Let us review the check list...

a. What are the properties of your source media for the project? Sometimes we can get that information from the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video.

b. What is the project preset (should match the properties of your source media) in spite of the DVD-VIDEO on DVD export choice. (If you do not know, please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio, even if the fields look grayed out).

c. What is the duration of that Timeline?

d. When you got to the burn dialog what did the Quality Area of the burn dialog show for Space Required and Bitrate just before you hit the Burn button?

Besides all those consideration, we need to factor in

a. User Account with Administrative Privileges and Run As Administrator

b. Latest version of QuickTime installed

c. No conflicts with antivirus and firewalls

d. Video card/graphics card driver up to date according to web site of manufacturer of the card.

Please review.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
                                Agaz Level 1

The source material are mpeg4 files.

Timeline is about 1 hr 16 min long.

At burn for space required it just showed a setting to get as much video on disc as possible.

• 13. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Agaz

To gauze what you have there, please post the actual numbers that you see for this project for

Burn Dialog

Quality Area

Space Required

Bitrate

There should be a check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space.

Also, your Timeline should not have a stop marker after the last item on the Timeline.

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 14. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
                                    Agaz Level 1

I can't even open Elements now. It crashes even after restart.

• 15. Re: No sound on DVD in Elements 11
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Agaz

To avoid an uninstall/ccleaner run through/reinstall, let us try deleting the Premiere Elements 11 Windows settings file.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that we delete. If that does not work, then we delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

We will continue to watch for further developments.

Thank you. Do not give up.

ATR