Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mcafee and birthdate

Apr 27, 2014 Apr 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you not allow an overide for McAfee when you download Flash.

Why do you need my birthdate, it is an invasion of privacy, and I don't want my data used for marketing purposes, do you use my birthdate for marketing purposes, tell the truth.

Adobe needs to be solid and reliable, don't let us think you are con artists, it degrades your reputation, your products are phenomenal and stand on their own.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finn Artist wrote:

Why do you not allow an overide for McAfee when you download Flash.

Why do you need my birthdate, it is an invasion of privacy, and I don't want my data used for marketing purposes, do you use my birthdate for marketing purposes, tell the truth.

Adobe needs to be solid and reliable, don't let us think you are con artists, it degrades your reputation, your products are phenomenal and stand on their own.

1. When you download Flash Player, there is a box you UNCHECK and McAfee DOESN'T download.

mcafeeoptout.jpg

2. WHERE were you asked for you birthdate?  There IS NO DOWNLOAD that requires it from here, especially NOT for freeware like Flash Player.

3. This is a user-to-user forum, you're NOT addressing Adobe here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, thanks

On 04/27/14, Mike M <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Re: Mcafee and birthdate created by Mike M(http://forums.adobe.com/people/CFMcBlob) in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion(http://forums.adobe.com/message/6334463#6334463)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines