3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2014 11:03 AM by A.T. Romano

audio transition duration, again

PCNoviceMesa Level 1

Hello- I have been practicing with audio transitions. 1) Regardless of the duration I choose, or whether constant power or constant gain, the music of clip one ends at the same point on the timeline and the music of the next clip begins at the same point along the timeline. so what is the use of changing duration of the transition?

2) When I go to edit/preferences/general and set 'audio transition default duration' to 20 seconds (just an experiment to see what difference it makes) then select constant power as default in the transition pop up, the duration is not shown as 20 seconds, but 5. this is confusing.... I guess I am missing important 'clicks' here and there.

3) forgot to mention in previous reply post today that I am still confused by 'bypass' choice in audio. I guess it only applies when keyframing audio.

thanks again...

• 1. Re: audio transition duration, again
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You say "previous post" -- so this is a follow-up a discussion already in progress?

If that's the case, it's best to continue the discussion in that thread rather than starting a new one. Otherwise, we don't know what you're referring to or what we've already recommended or you've already explained.

• 2. Re: audio transition duration, again
            A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

PCNoviceMesa and I have been discussing Premiere Elements 12 audio transitions in the following thread

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1457497

ATR

Add On...SG, please clean up your FULL Inbox of private messages so that new private messages are accepted and not rejected.

• 3. Re: audio transition duration, again
              A.T. Romano Level 7

PCNoviceMesa

I have looked a minimum audio transition duration to date, but not maximum. The maximum would surely have to consider the duration of the clips that are side by side. Be that as it may.

If I have two 5 seconds audio clips side by side on an audio track

I set Edit Menu/Preferences/General and Audio Transition Default Duration = 20 seconds

AudioTransition 1.JPG

And subsequently, I applied the Constant Power audio transition between the clips,

Transition 2.JPG

The Constant Power transition placed has a duration of 19 sec (599 frames).

Note that in a 30 frames/second set up, those 599 frames = 19.9667 seconds.

The 19 sec at the Timeline level looks like 00;00;19;29.

No way am I seeing a 5 second duration for the Constant Power transition when preferences is set for Audio Transition Default Duration = 20.

seconds.

Please review to see if we can determine where we are differing in this.

Also, if you have not done so already, please look at this with trimmed and untrimmed clips.

Thanks.

ATR