1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2007 3:46 AM by neil manuell

SWFLoader scaleContent doesn't scale

btolnas
      I'm attempting to scale a whole Flex 2 application designed to be 1024x768 to a slightly smaller size to fit an 800x600 kiosk screen using SWFLoader. My first attempt was the following which has the effect of creating a window with the correct width of 800, but the content is not scaled and is clipped on the right edge. In the vertical direction, the flash player window is still 768 pixels high with the content again unscaled in that direction to. The only thing that seems to work has been to use only scaleX and scaleY without the scaleContent="true". But even in this case all is not right because when the application tries to read mx.core.Application.application.width to position some components, it returns a value something like 1172 which is neither the original nor the scaled width. I would expect it to be the unscaled width 1024.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <mx:Application xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="vertical" xmlns:kiosk="org.cancer.kiosk.*">
      <mx:SWFLoader source="Kiosk.swf" scaleContent="true" width="800" maintainAspectRatio="true" />
      </mx:Application>

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks,
      Barry Tolnas
      American Cancer Society
      barry.tolnas@cancer.org