6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2014 2:17 PM by gbiswas

Moving the Preview screen in PRE12

gbiswas Level 1

Is it possible to move the Preview screen from the centre of the top panel to one side? I would like to see both the Audio mixer box and the preview screen at the same time.

• 1. Re: Moving the Preview screen in PRE12
          A.T. Romano Level 7

gbiswas

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

I am assuming that you are working in the Expert workspace of Premiere Elements 12 since there is no Audio Mixer option in Quick as there is in Expert workspace. In the Expert workspace, both the Audio mixer and Preview Window (with Set In and Set Out points) can be made to appear and stay present in the workspace at the same time.

So, it is not clear to me what you seek.

When you cite Preview Screen, please confirm that you are referring to the Preview Window with Set In and Set Out points, and not the Edit area monitor.

Please supply more detail.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Moving the Preview screen in PRE12
            gbiswas Level 1

Thanks for your intervention and apologies if I was not clear. It is only few days that I am using PRE12.

1. I am using Mac OSX Mavericks 10.9.2

2.Yes, I am using the expert workspace

3. When I refer to the "Preview screen" (possibly incorrectly), I was not referring to the "Preview Window" (with the Set In and Set Out points), I was referring to the screen which is in the top panel below the bar with Quick, Guided adn Expert tabs. This is the window on which one can see the clips in the timeline playing.

4. Recently, in a project, I had video clips from two cameras in two separate video 1 and video 2 timelines and I had the sound recorded separately in the sountrack. I was trying to synchronise the sound by listenting to various timelines and juggling the mixer mute buttons for different tracks. But sometimes, the audio mixer was covering what I referred to as the "Preview screen" so that I could not see the lip movemet of the subject. So it was quite a challenge. I was trying to move the screen to the right so that I could see the audio mixer and the entire preview screen at the same time while playing from the timeline.

Hope I have been clear now.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Moving the Preview screen in PRE12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

gbiswas

In Premiere Elements 12 the only movable panel is the Timeline when in the Dual Monitor Mode (See Window Menu/Dual Monitor Mode).

I have written about this in a thread here in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4772246

And, I also have a blog post on this dual monitor set up which applies to version 11 and 12.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/04/pe11-dual-monitor-workflow-concerns.html

What you seek probably is best seen in versions of Premiere Elements earlier than 11. Versions 11 and 12 represent major workspace changes as compared to verisons earlier than 11.

Do you have any opportunities to try a dual monitor approach?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Moving the Preview screen in PRE12
                gbiswas Level 1

Thanks ATR.

Presently, I do not have the option of dual monitor, maybe in the future.

Still struggling to learn the basics of film editing, especially, synchronising externally recorded sound with DSLR video.

• 5. Re: Moving the Preview screen in PRE12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

gbiswas

We will be watching for your progress.

Have you been using

For nudging...selecting the audio, holding down Alt key and tapping the left or right arrow key (for a 1 frame per tap nudge)...holding down the Shift+Alt Keys (together) and tapping the left or right arrow key (for a 5 frames per tap nudge).

I am not sure of the Mac equivalence for this.

Some nudges may be sluggish, but the priniciple does work. Please let us know if this works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Moving the Preview screen in PRE12
                    gbiswas Level 1

Thanks for the tip. Very helpful as I had been earlier struggling with the cursor for fine movements.

The key combinations work on the Mac also.

Will share my progress.