2 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2007 10:06 PM by Newsgroup_User

FW CS3 very slow to open on Vista

Ozmart44
      FW CS3 opens sooooooooo slowly on Vista. I mean I'm talking about 30 secs to a minute or more. (I have a P4 and 2 gig of ram) . Being used to FW8 opening in a flash this is pretty dreary. Has anyone else experienced this?
        • 1. Re: FW CS3 very slow to open on Vista
          janericster Level 1
          I don't think it's just a Vista issue...as FW CS3 is VERY VERY slow to launch on my WinXP system as well.

The program launches the interfaces within 10 seconds, but takes another 20 seconds before I can use it (it acts like it is frozen and will not respond to any menu actions until around 30 seconds after launch.

This is exactly the same problem Adobe had with many users with Photoshop CS2 before they came out with a patch.

Fireworks 8 is also installed on the same PC and it launches within 10 seconds.
          • 2. Re: FW CS3 very slow to open on Vista
            Level 7
            "janericster" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:f3a4jf$4hq$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I don't think it's just a Vista issue...as FW CS3 is VERY VERY slow to
            >launch
            > on my WinXP system as well.
            >
            > The program launches the interfaces within 10 seconds, but takes another
            > 20
            > seconds before I can use it (it acts like it is frozen and will not
            > respond to
            > any menu actions until around 30 seconds after launch.

That's probably a function of the machine. On Vista (Core 2 Duo E6600 w/4GB
            RAM), Fireworks launches in less than 5 seconds. Fireworks 8 actually took a
            bit longer.

I think there are a lot of variables to how an application launches and
            works from one system to another.

--
            Al Sparber - PVII
            http://www.projectseven.com
            Extending Dreamweaver - Nav Systems | Galleries | Widgets
            Authors: "42nd Street: Mastering the Art of CSS Design"