1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 27, 2014 8:14 PM by Rick Gerard

After effects CC doesn't work with c4d now?

jackspank2011

Had CC for a while. Updated yesterday. In the project panel, I get a grey box where the c4d icon used to be (See below) and after effects can't play the file backwithout a big delay.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled after effects twice now. Nothing seems to work.

Screen Shot 2014-04-27 at 16.35.46.png

• 1. Re: After effects CC doesn't work with c4d now?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yare showing the Project Panel from AE, not the finder. Icons for resources never show up there. They never have. Icons for C4d will only show up in a file browser if you have the full version of C4D installed. Is that the case?

What happens when you drag the C4D file from the project panel into a comp? AE is not and never has been a real time playback machine without pre-rendering a ram preview. Playing back an animated C4d file in a comp after the delay of rendering a ram preview is normal.

So far I see nothing wrong with your project panel or your question except that I don't know exactly what you are doing, what you did before, and what version of AE and your OS down to the decimal point. Updated yesterday does not tell me anything specific.