• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing newest flash player

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2014 Apr 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had problems with viewing videos, and i found out my flash player was out of date (version 12.0.0.77) so i decided this could be the problem and tried to update it.

after trying around 20 times installing this newest version of flash player on the installer site i encountered severel different problems all resulting in a failed download:

problem 1: the firefox downloader sticks at a full bar butnever finishes.

problem 2: the firefox downloader sticks at 99% but never finishes.

problem 3: after the firefox downloader succesfully downloaded the installer file my laptop says that it does not recognizes the file and can't open it.

problem 4: after the firefox downloader succesfully downloaded the installer file my laptop says the file is not able to open because of fthe certificate can't be verified.

problem 5: all these previous problems did not occur, the downloader started downloading and stops at 8% saying it lost connection after about an hour i canceled the installation.

my OS is windows 8.1

i'm using the latest firefox version  28.0

Any help would be appriciated

sincerly Jessev

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

RIGHT CLICK that link and "Save Link As"...

Close Firefox once it's finished.

Go to your Downloads folder.

RIGHT CLICK the installer and "Run as Administrator".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your time.

After doing all of the steps the problem number 3 occured, even when i runned it as administrator it gave a message this pc can't run this app.

I'm starting to think the new adobe flash player can't be used with windows 8.1

are there similar programms like adobe flash player that i can use wich maybe useable with windows 8.1?

sincerely Jessev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 13 works just fine with Windows 8.1.

3.jpg

Try the MSI installer instead: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_13_plugin....

Like the other, run it as an admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your time.

After downloading the installer closing firefox and runnng it as admin the installer gave this error:

Error 1335.The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

After chosing the option 'retry' several times i tried the option to ignore this, and then it gave this error:

Error 2350.FDI server error.

then i finally aborted the installation because retrying and ignoring contuinuid to give this Error 2350.

sincerely Jessev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jessev wrote:

Thanks for your time.

After downloading the installer closing firefox and runnng it as admin the installer gave this error:

Error 1335.The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Antivirus or Firewall is corrupting the download. Try disabling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike,

After disabeling My avast! antivirus i tried to do the download again, but still it gives the exact same errors.

It maby worth noting that everytime when the installer tries to 'copy files' the error comes up.

sincerely Jessev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something wrong with the OS, or with your user account.

Try creating a new user (admin) and see if it installs under that account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike,

After making a new account of my laptop and making it admin i tried to download the flash player, and the same problems occured with my other account, only this time problem 2 ( bar sticks on 99%) occured everytime with every link you have given me. If there is something wrong with my OS how could i fx that problem.

Is it worth mentionting that my pc also didn't update my flash player before i upgraded my pc to windows 8.1

Sincerely,

Jessev

Edit: i tried the normal site download again and the installer did download but it gave me the unauthoriced certificate error again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2014 May 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have the exact problems with my downloading, i now tried something myself and completely uninstalled my old flash player and tried the download again.

No changes.

Are there anymore cases like my pc that can't install the new adobe on windows 8/8.1

Sincerely JesseV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines