5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2014 5:53 AM by Steve Grisetti

I can't burn a DVD

Caleb.Beames

I have Adobe Elements 10 on my windows 8 computer. For a year it was working fine, but ever since I had to go back to 8 after my computer updated to 8.1, the program won't let me burn DVD's. I have a connection to the burner and it goes through all of the encoding process but once it is done, I check the disc and there is nothing on it.

• 1. Re: I can't burn a DVD
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you able to burn your DVD files to a folder on your hard drive rather than directly to a disc?

It sounds like you may have removed or corrupted your driver Premiere Elements uses to interface with your disc drive, likely having something to do with your trip to Windows 8.1 and back to Windows 8.

If so, there may be a workaround, if you can burn your DVD files to your computer's hard drive.

• 2. Re: I can't burn a DVD
            Caleb.Beames Level 1

I can make the timeline into MPEG and Quicktime files on the harddrive, But I am trying to get them on DVD with a menu for a client.

• 3. Re: I can't burn a DVD
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No, that is not what Steve said... when you are ready to publish/share to a DVD, you simply select a folder on your hard drive instead of burning a DVD

That folder will contain the exact file structure and files that you would burn to a DVD, only on your hard drive

You then use a program like Imgburn (which is aware of DVD structure) to burn to the actual DVD

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322583 for notes on installing Imgburn WITHOUT any toolbar add-ons... Set Imgburn to use the slowest burn speed your drive and media will use... I set my burn speed to 1x and let Imgburn adjust to the actual minimum

• 4. Re: I can't burn a DVD
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Caleb Beames

How are you checking the disc when you say that there is nothing on it?

a. Are you trying to play back the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc on a Windows 8 64 bit player? If so, which one?

or

b. Are you putting the DVD disc in the DVD burner tray and inspecting its contents for two folders, one named OpenDVD and another named VIDEO_TS?

ATR

• 5. Re: I can't burn a DVD
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As John says, we will need you to "burn" your DVD to a folder in order for us to troubleshoot your workflow.

ATR, if you can please hold off on your questions until we are able to work through this step, it would be most appreciated.