1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 27, 2014 2:26 PM by A.T. Romano

I

jrpiii

I just downloaded Premier Elements 12. There are no tools, brushes etc, for photo editing. I thought this and the video editor were both supported in this product. Did I buy the wrong product?

• 1. Re: I
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jrpiii

The title of your thread should reflect the nature of your issue. Be that as it may, Premiere Elements is a video editor, not a photo editor. The program will allow you import photos to be part of your video presentation. You can apply effects to the photos as well. But, photo editing is the realm of Photoshop Elements.

Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements are each standalone programs. But, you can purchase combos of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements (same version number) which will allow you certain integration perks between the two.

Did I buy the wrong product will depend on what you want to do.

The good news is that if you are interested in the 2, the price of the 2 standalone products is less than the price of one alone.

If you have a product that is not the right one for you, return it as soon as possible to the place of purchase.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On....Please review the following product comparison to see if it helps you decide what best suits your project plans.

http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family/buying-guide.html