4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2014 5:30 PM by BC2005

Add items

BC2005

Hi, I'm creating my first form via Forms Central and wondered how I can add another item/field to choose from, for instance, 'file attachment'? I don't seem to have this option as per your online editorial - last item on list: 

add new fields.PNG

Can this simply be added in some way? thanks

• 1. Re: Add items
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

If you are referring to adding a File Attachment field in your form, I have marked the File Attachment field in your image in red.

This will be a field and you will not be able to add it as a choice field option, for example, an option in a Single Choice field.

Customer-FileAttachment.png

Thanks,

Lucia

• 2. Re: Add items
            BC2005 Level 1

thanks for that, I'm still a bit confused sorry, as I don't have that field.  the image above was copied from a tutorial.  When I open Forms Central, I don't have that field. So what you are saying is that I can't add it as a field if I don't have it?

Basically what I want to do is to have a field on the employment application form for applicants to be able to attach their CV's, cover letters and references.  Is there another way of doing this please?

• 3. Re: Add items
              Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

File attachment is available in the FormsCentral web app (available to Free users as well). It looks like you are using the downloaded FormsCentral app.

Please click Sign In on th upper-right corner (if you do not have an adobeID, please create the account).  Once you sign in, you should be able to add an attachment field to your form. 

Please note that If you are generating and distributing a PDF form via FormsCentral, attachment field is not supported. You will need to distribute the HTML form.

Hope this helps,

Lucia

• 4. Re: Add items
                BC2005 Level 1

Awesome thank you, I wasn't logged in.  thanks so much, very helpful.