5 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2014 4:58 PM by RobWellington

Director 12.0.9r149 update to app - anyone?

RobWellington

I just updated to Director 12.0.9r149 (OS X) and now my iPad app crashes.

It's not iOS 7.1.1 as an older version of the app works fine.

I put an alert into a prepareMovie handler and it doesn't get to it so it can't be my code which was working perfectly (cough) before the update.

Anyone else having problems since the update? Also: please tell me if YOU'RE NOT!

• 1. Re: Director 12.0.9r149 update to app - anyone?
          RobWellington Level 1

I managed to download an earlier version (12.0.0r111), a trial from Adobe Australia's site. It was a little out of date as expected. And everything is working again.

So it is UNDOUBTEDLY this update.

• 2. Re: Director 12.0.9r149 update to app - anyone?
            RobWellington Level 1

I'm surprised Adobe have ignored this - it can't be just me as I got it working by going back a version unless I have something installed in my system that specifically clashes with this version's iOS generator. Unlikely as I mainly run Apple and Adobe software apart from various video and media utilities.

But just in case you read this Adobe can I just say your automatic updating system might be nice for PhotoShop etc BUT SUCKS for development tools - we need to know the version of an update and what it alters BEFORE we download it. AND we need access to earlier versions. Like the good old days. At least stick the updates up on your site where U have for pre-12 versions. Or is it only me who looks there before he remembers it's auto now?

• 4. Re: Director 12.0.9r149 update to app - anyone?
              Milky_au Level 3

Hello Rob, (and everyone else)

I have just got my Mac / Director 12 / iOS development system all working again, after my failed 'hot fix 4' update, from two months ago.

I had to do a full / new install of mavericks (10.9.2), plus an all new provisioning file & signing identity - yuk

I kind of lost the plot for a few week - (even took a good look at 'livecode') - but i'm now back with director again

When I reinstalled Director 12 - I did what you said, and download the earlier version (12.0.0r111) - which worked fine

But if you didn't know (12.0.0r111) - dose not run 'retina' - so it's stuck at 1024 by 768

So I thought - stuff everything - and I (from within director 12) updated it with 'hot fix 4' again, - and this time everything worked.

Could you let me know some of the code that was not working for you - and i'll give it a test on my system, and see what happens now.

kind regards

Milky

(mornington peninsula)

• 5. Re: Director 12.0.9r149 update to app - anyone?
                RobWellington Level 1

Milky

Sorry to hear about the big reinstall. But glad it's all working for you now.

Does 'hot fix 4' = 12.0.9r149? I thought that was older?

But if you didn't know (12.0.0r111) - dose not run 'retina' - so it's stuck at 1024 by 768

You're talking about _player.screenScale ?

I don't need that for this app but I guess I'll need to try an update again at some point.

Rob

(Elwood)