You might find some way of doing this with Responsive HTML5 help
You can do this in all html outputs, but it depends on what you want to
change. The WebHelp skin is hard to change, especially if you want to
change everything dynamically. I'd say several days of work at least.
And that's when you know where to look. That is easier in the HTML5
outputs. There you can just change the base font size to blow everything
up (though the layouts are optimized for a specific basic font size).
If you want to change the size of your content only, it becomes much
easier. It does require your style sheet to use relative measures though
and RoboHelp by default doesn't use that. But it's doable.
This is a project in which your CSS must be optimized and the required
examples. They just need to be modified to work with RH.)
Thank you for your help William.
Just to be clear, pursuing this line of research could eventually lead to this outcome:
1. User A on machine A chooses font size and color settings in our product and saves settings as Config A.
2. User A accesses the WebHelp (installed with our product on an application server).
3. User A sees the help content in a relative size related to the setting in Config A (lbig, biggger, etc.)
1. User B on machine B chooses font size and color settings in our product and saves settings as Config B.
2. User B accesses the WebHelp (installed with our product on an application server).
3. User B sees the help content in a relative size related to the setting in Config B (lbig, biggger).
Config settings in our product are tied to user Id, machine user is logged in to, and installation of the product (It's set as a cookie).
Sorry if I wasn't clearer before.
Anyway, is it possible for a developer to figure this out, or is this beyond RH's generated WebHelp capabilities?
Again, thanks for your help.
Thanks Jeff. I'll sic a developer on it.
Yep. You will need a developer or consultant. Also, there must be a way
for the application to communicate the setting to the help. Depending on
your setup, there are multiple solutions to do this.