14 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2014 6:58 PM by ProDesignTools

Form won't open - error message

Jojo0708 Level 1

One of my forms won't open saying its either a momentary problem with Acrobat or a connetion error on my end. I am able to open other forms and I am connected to the internet.  I have people who need to use this form asap in another location and they aren't able to open the link either.  Can anyone provide a clue to the issue?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Form won't open - error message
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

We have been experiencing an outage over the past few hours and we are working hard to recover, we fully understand the impact this has on our customers and we will restore service as soon as possible.

We are keeping the announcement at the top of the forums up to date with the status, please check there for updates.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Form won't open - error message
            Jojo0708 Level 1

Thank you for the quick reply - I appreciate it and have shared your response with my clients.  Crossing my fingers its fixed sooner than later. 

• 3. Re: Form won't open - error message
              jguerriero1623

Hello Josh

What sort of outage is this? Is there an estimated time that this will be back up and running? I cant afford to lose registrants for the events I have up. I appreciate that you're working on it but need a better timeline of when this will be fixed so I can plan accordingly.

Thank you for your assistance

Joe

• 4. Re: Form won't open - error message

I wish we could give a timeline but we really have no estimate to give, that would indicate we have a good handle on the situation and we do not.  This is very very unusual and we'll continue to investigate the cause for future prevention once we get things back up and running for the customers.

Thanks,

Josh

• 5. Re: Form won't open - error message
                  Collins

Ditto that this is frustrating! Tell the techs Formstack is getting lots of hits...

• 6. Re: Form won't open - error message

We completely understand and we are doing everything we can to restore as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Josh

• 7. Re: Form won't open - error message
                      Jojo0708 Level 1

Funny I was just talking to my form users about exploring Formstacks.  I am hoping this resolves, like many who use the service my company relies on this for critical month end reporting and can't afford to be down.  I feel for Adobe staffers this can't be a pleasent situation. 

• 8. Re: Form won't open - error message
                        ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Appreciate the updates Josh, but for professionals it is unsettling there seems to be no backup or outage contingency plans in place... 

The service has been down all day and with customers putting their business trust in it, the way you describe it does not sound so reliable or failsafe?

• 9. Re: Form won't open - error message
                          jeff_nurk

It's been down since at least 6:30am Pacific, which means Adobe has now wasted an entire workday for many of us that rely on their system. So, since you don't even have "a good handle on the situation" on this, I guess I can just scratch this day and go home early. Guess that planned Monday launch of the 3 last forms for an event I'm running in June gets a nice April "Rain Delay." Worst part about this too is it's not just today that's a loss, I can't even process any form data submitted over the weekend, so I'm effectively 3 days behind now. Luckily, my event is still 6 weeks away (though the dealines for submitting registrations and such are a month or less)... I feel really bad for people that are on end of April or May 1st deadlines - good luck to you guys.

Really Adobe, if you want us to work on line / in the cloud and rely on you to keep our customer's data and be able to access it when WE need it, this is a huge failure on your part. This isn't some 15 or 30 minute hiccup, this is effectively a full wasted day for everyone on the East/Central time zones. A group is running a sister event to mine next year, and has requested info on how we have done what we have - unfortunately for Adobe, I can NOT in good faith recommend they use this unreliable service. This is not the first time forms (or CC) has failed me in the last 6 months, but it HAS been the worst occurance in the last 6 months. "Happy" to hear that you understand how inconvenient this is, but that and a dollar get's me a cup of coffee. I need my customers to be able to submit their data to get MY money and run my event, and I expect many are in the same situation - what's your solution to that loss?

• 10. Re: Form won't open - error message
                            ThomasBecker

Josh like many others have mentioned this is not a good situation. And I too feel for Adobe techs. But also wonder why there was not some form of failsafe when so many clients rely on this service for critical business operations.

• 11. Re: Form won't open - error message
                              Jojo0708 Level 1

I hear you Jeff.  I launched an entire evaluation framework using form central forms - the success of which can make my career...   This is only the 3rd reporting period for my pilot project and the feedback I'm getting from users is not positive - actually they are in a panic. Even though I let them know the issues are being attacked vigoursly I know there is doubt about my choice to use an "unreliable" service.   I have spent an entire year building the project and am experiencing anxiety in regards to the safety of the forms - if they were to disappear I am out thousands of man hours.  Terribly frightening thought. 

• 12. Re: Form won't open - error message

Glad to see the service is back up, which is good – and thank you for that, but here's something strange... 

The restoration announcement:

Announcement: FormsCentral service has been restored

UPDATE: As of 2:30pm PDT the service is back up - please continue to try your work flows and we'll monitor the service...

by Josh_Corey (Apr 28, 2014)

...yet at 1:48 PDT above, Josh wrote:

"we really have no estimate to give, that would indicate we have a good handle on the situation and we do not."

How can or should we understand this seeming dichotomy?  Thanks for any clarification or insight.

• 13. Re: Form won't open - error message

I may be reading that wrong - but I don't see any dichotomy, at 1:48 service was still down and I said we did not know when we'd have it back up.  About 45 minutes later, at about 2:30 we restored service.  Both of those times were PST (Pacific Standard).  I could have easily confused time zones since we discussed much of this in EST, but both posts you refer to have the correct PST times and make sense as far as I can see...

Thanks,

Josh

• 14. Re: Form won't open - error message

Thanks for your response Josh.  As others mentioned above, the service was down/degraded for 7+ hours before the post above in which you wrote that you did not have a good handle on the situation...

After reading that, one could be forgiven for thinking that a solution was nowhere in sight, and should not be expected soon.  So it was a surprise (though a welcome one) to see everything back up only 45 minutes later... hence the dichotomy I mentioned.

Regardless, I think it would help us appreciate better and understand the lengthy outage if there were a little explanation of what went wrong, and what Adobe will do to help avoid it from happening again.  Do you agree?

You mentioned, "This is very very unusual and we'll continue to investigate the cause for future prevention" – could you explain a bit why was it so unusual (that would cause the long disruption), and how we'll be protected going forward, to help reassure customers?

Thanks again.