5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 8:07 AM by nealeh

How do I fix skips on my soundtrack? How can I fix the error "One or More Selected Files Could Not b

tamarakiel1

I am having trouble with what I thought would be an easy project. Just downloaded Premiere 12 3 days ago. Project mostly done except:

Skips in soundtrack.

Soundtrack too loud for Narration track after I normalized.

Even the thumb nail videos are pixelly, let alone full screen.

Wanted to use a music score I liked in Premiere 11, but do NOT like anything offered in Premiere 12. Can I import more choices?

Thank you for your help!

• 1. Re: How do I fix skips on my soundtrack? How can I fix the error "One or More Selected Files Could Not b
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you say "soundtrack", do mean a specific audio clip or do you mean all audio?

Yes, you can import your own music.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? How did you get the video from your camcorder to your computer?

What are your Project Settings, as  listed under the Edit menu? When you add video to the timeline in the Expert view space, do you see a yellow orange line along the top of the timeline, above the clips? This indicates that your project settings are not properly matched to your video specs and this can account for your performance issues.

• 2. Re: How do I fix skips on my soundtrack? How can I fix the error "One or More Selected Files Could Not b
            tamarakiel1 Level 1

On my project, it says "Soundtrack" underneath "Narration", so that is what I am referrring to because that is where I drug the music score to.

The video is from my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone being imported through Dropbox. It looks gorgeous in the file on my computer. The type of file is MPEG-4 Movie (.mp4), but I don't know how to find the resolution.

There is a solid green line all the way across the top of my clips, so I don't know what to think about all the tabs and info under Project Settings. they must be right, right?

Can you still help?

• 3. Re: How do I fix skips on my soundtrack? How can I fix the error "One or More Selected Files Could Not b
              A.T. Romano Level 7

tamarakiel1

Just a point of clarification....

Premiere Elements 11 comes with the SmartSound feature under its Music Tab in the Expert workspace. Although the "Music Score" soundtracks (under the Audio Tab) in Premiere Elements 12 work under the same principle as SmartSound, (capability to change duration without altering music arrangement) the Premiere Elements 12 Music Scores are not SmartSound soundtracks.

Consequently, if you have a SmartSound soundtrack from version 11 that you like, then you are going to have to export that soundtrack from 11 to a wav file saved to the computer hard drive and then import that file into Premiere Elements 12 via Premiere Elements 12's Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the file to an audio track.

Also, to avoid nuisances, I would not include contact information in your posts. You may think that you are involved in a discussion between just you and SG (via email notification), but what you write to posted in the open forum for all to see.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I fix skips on my soundtrack? How can I fix the error "One or More Selected Files Could Not b
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I reallty will need you to answer my questions in order to be able to help you, Tamara.

Please open a sample clip of your Samsung video in G Spot or MediaInfo and tell me the resolution, frame rate and audio and video codec it displays.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

And PLEASE tell me your Project Settings, as listed under the Edit menu. This is important information in troubleshooting your performance issues.

It would also be helpful to know what operating system you're using and what processor you have and how much RAM you have.

I know I'm asking for a lot of information, but you packed a lot of questions into your first post.

• 5. Re: How do I fix skips on my soundtrack? How can I fix the error "One or More Selected Files Could Not b
                  nealeh Level 5

tamarakiel1 wrote:

Wanted to use a music score I liked in Premiere 11, but do NOT like anything offered in Premiere 12.

Take a look at Reply #7 at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5963617. You can install the free version of SmartSound,, provided with the same tracks that PRE11 had, and use it as a standalone application to export the track of your choice at the length you need. You can then import this to PRE12 like any other audio asset. You do not need PRE11 to use this method.

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.