8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 7:26 AM by Chuck Uebele

Where's Photoshop?

i_am_jim Level 1

I just signed up for Photoshop CC.  Via the Creative Cloud I downloaded and presumably installed Photoshop.  It took 10-15 minutes and Creative Cloud it says "Up to date."  But, I can find no evidence of it on my computer.  There's no icon on my desktop.  It doesn't seem to be in All Programs.  I can find no folder for it in the Program Files directory.

Where the hell is it?

Edited to add:

I'm running windows 8.1

• 1. Re: Where's Photoshop?
          Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Did you look on the start screen and scroll over?  Win 8.1 put new programs there, and are sometimes hard to find.  Did you also do an app search?

• 2. Re: Where's Photoshop?
            i_am_jim Level 1

I don't use the un-charming screen, but I did look there for it.

I've found it.  Incredibly Photoshop is still using the XP installation protocol.  It never crossed my mind to look in Program Files(x86).  I assumed the most expensive program I use wasn't still back in 2006

Thanks for your reply.  You don't by chance know where the program is in "All Programs"  do you

• 3. Re: Where's Photoshop?

Photoshop should also be loaded in the normal program folder and not use in the 32 bit (x86) programs.  Did you look in explorer under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe?  I'm still getting the hang of finding programs in 8.1, so not really sure about all programs.  I used to know how to do it, but now it doesn't seem to be working.

• 4. Re: Where's Photoshop?
                i_am_jim Level 1

>Photoshop should also be loaded in the normal program folder and not use in the 32 bit (x86) programs

I only stumbled on it by looking in the x86 folder.

>Did you look in explorer under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe?

That's where I looked immediately and no, it's not there.

Thanks for trying anyway. 

Any  chance you know how to migrate all my settings including workspace configuration from CS4?

• 6. Re: Where's Photoshop?
                  Level 1

Type Ctrl+F type Creative Cloud.

• 7. Re: Where's Photoshop?
                    i_am_jim Level 1

Thanks very much for replying.

Google lead to that page from many directions. [There doesn't seem to be a page like this for CC] I found it confusing and didn't know if it worked in CC anyway.  I probably only have a half dozen what I understand as Presets and they should be easily replicated.  I wanted to get my Actions and my custom Workspace so I could start using the program.  That page doesn't address Workspaces and I didn't know Actions were considered presets.  I think of Presets as specially saved configuration of tools like Curves, Hue & Saturation, Clone Stamp, etc. -- very different from Actions.

After several hours of googling I figured out how to import Actions and Workspace (each separately) late last night. Later I stumbled on how to import (migrate) the Presets.  Once I found it, it only took one click and it was done -- incredibly easy. 

• 8. Re: Where's Photoshop?

Sorry it took so much effort.  I usually don't have much to transfer from version to version, so I don't do that often other than actions & scripts.