14 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 3:16 PM by nealeh

I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it

ruiz525 Level 1

I am using Premiere Elements 12

I want to test the trial of NewBlueFX Stabilizer:

http://newbluefx.com/product/stabilizer

I installed it but could not find it: I tried within Effects, within File, etc but is not there.

Thanks anticipated

Roberto

• 1. Re: I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Roberto

I was going to download and install this tryout but New Blue Sign In, Passwords, Accounts were in the way.

So as a first pass on this

1. Have you gone to Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace/fx Effects at bottom of the workspace, click on that to get the pop up list of effects, and then look for your New Blue Stabilizer.

a. new NewBlue Stabilizer listing

b. Under one of the original NewBlue Panels in fx Effects

Let me know what you find.

I will try get the tryout if you continue to have problems finding the downloaded and installed effect.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it
            ruiz525 Level 1

Yes as you said and is not there.

What path you used since Premiere Elements 12 is not listed during the installation process?

Thanks

• 3. Re: I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That page (specifications) shows "Adobe Premiere Elements** 3.0"

>Premiere Elements 12 is not listed during the installation process

You need to ask the company about version 12 compatibility

• 4. Re: I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Roberto

I am downloading the New Blue Stabilizer now from the link that you posted and will let you know the results.

I have not checked the New Blue description for this download, but I am wondering if this is going to be what is already installed in Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace fx Effects.

We will know soon.

More later.

ATR

• 6. Re: I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Roberto

Still trying to get the New Blue Stabilizer to be recognized by Premiere Elements 12 Windows.

No problems with Premiere Elements 9, 8, 7, and 4. And there seems to be a difference in format from what came with the programs and what is in the New Blue Stabilizer tryout downloaded tonight. Example, in Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1

The Edit Effects for Stabilizer that came with the version 8.0

old.JPG

Whereas Effects Effects for tonight download of New Blue Stabilizer for Windows

8 new.JPG

What is happening with these versions where we get install and find the Stabilizer

Hard Drive Location is:

Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements version number\Plug-ins\enUS\NewBlue FX

Location In Program is:

Edit Header/Effects/Video Effects/NewBlue Stabilizer

(This NewBlue Stabilizer was separate from the "Video Stabilizer" that came with the version.)

I have tried all sorts of creative locations for the NewBlue FX Folder in the Premiere Elements 12 Program Files, but so far it refuses to present in the opened project fx Effects or other.

ATR

• 7. Re: I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it
                    ruiz525 Level 1

As always thanks a lot for your help.

Will wait to see if you find something else...

Roberto

• 8. Re: I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Roberto

I moved that NewBlue Stabilizer folder into various locations without getting the effect to appear within the project for Premiere Elements 10, 11, or 12.

I will think about this some more in the morning.

Until then

ATR

• 9. Re: I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it
                        nealeh Level 5

Works fine for me in PRE12 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit.

1. Create the folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\Plug-ins\en_US\NewBlueFX\Stabilizer for Windows.
                        2. During install select Premiere 64-bit. When it starts, cancel out of the 'esellerate' dialogs.
                        3. When prompted Add the path to the folder in step 1. Deselect all the other paths.
                        4. Restart PRE and the effect should show under fx Effects, NewBlue Stabilizer.
                        5. Drag to a clip.
                        6. Click fx Applied Effects (top right).
                        7. Click the gear icon against Stabilizer to open the stabilizer dialog and activate the trial.

1.png

Cheers,
                        --
                        Neale
                        Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 10. Re: I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Roberto

Today I gave the trial New Blue Stabilizer another try to get it to become available to Premiere Elements 12 fx Effects. Success based on nealeh's trick of using the Premiere 64 bit choice beginning the installation process. I suspect prior failure was due to using 32 bit component instead of 64 bit.

1. The key to all this was deselecting all but "Premiere 64 bit" in the following dialog...

Stabilizer-1a.jpg

Then, when you get to the following dialog, use the Browse to set the Destination Folder so that the Stabilizer during installation goes into the en_US Folder as shown in the Browse for Folder dialog to the right in the following screenshot.

Stabilizer.JPG

After clicking OK to the Browse to Folder dialog set to the en_US Folder, you should see the following

Stabilizer2.JPG

After clicking Install to this Stabilizer Setup dialog, you should find the New Blue Stabilizer as a category under Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace fx Effects Tab. Note that the Video Stabilizer that came with the Premiere Elements 12 is still available under a different panel further down the list.

The comparison between

Stabilizer-3.jpg

The screenshots that I showed for Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 back in post 6 are comparable to those for version 12.

After the effect is applied, it can be edited in 12 via Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Stabilizer panel. When the effect is the New Blue Stabilizer tryout, then the adjustments are made from a Setup Icon to the left of the Stabilizer panel. When the Video Stabilizer that came with 12 is used, there is no Setup icon. The controls are in the expanded part of the Stabilizer panel.

We will be looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On....Thanks to nealeh for pointing out the Premiere 64 bit key. It will be interesting to learn if this information is included in New Blue documentation somewhere.

• 11. Re: I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it
                            ruiz525 Level 1

Thanks nealeh / AT Romano

I will try as soon as I get home !!

Always your opinion is valuable, what you think about the software AT Romano? and you nealeh ?

Regards

Roberto

• 12. Re: I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Roberto

I have not gotten to use the tryout New Blue Stabilizer yet. The cost of it is on the high side for me.

Have you looked at the new video stabilizer that comes with the free Windows Movie Maker 2012 when it is installed on Windows 8.1 64 bit?

Also, not sure how it works, but today a user reported in a year old thread a free approach to video stabilization, letting YouTube do the stabilization of a upload and then downloading that stabilized work to the computer? Not sure of all the ins and outs of that and the YouTube licensing.

Please let us know if you get better, same, or worse results with the tryout New Blue Stabilizer versus the Video Stabilizer that comes with version 12.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 13. Re: I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it
                                ruiz525 Level 1

Thanks guys... now it is installed and would let you know the results !!

Roberto

• 14. Re: I installed a Plugin named NewBlueFX Stabilizer, but can´t find it
                                  nealeh Level 5

I purchased Corel VideoStudio Ultimate 4 some years ago when Amazon were almost giving it away (I think it was about £20). I bought it specifically for the Mercalli ProDAD stabilizer included with it.

If I need something seriously stabilized I do it in VideoStudio and then import the stabilized file to PRE. So I have no experience of the NewBlue stabilizer. Will be interested to hear your results.

Cheers,
                                  --
                                  Neale
                                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.