3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2014 6:31 AM by sinious RSS

Couldnt Import .MP3 into Flash CC

danman90

I am exporting a .MP3 from Adobe Audition CC

Then Importing it into Flash CC

I receive the error message Couldnt Import .MP3

This procedure has worked in the past but now does not work. If you know what may be the issue please let me know

Thanks

• 1. Re: Couldnt Import .MP3 into Flash CC
          sinious MVP

Have you simply tried re-creating the mp3 and reimporting it? Does the MP3 play on any of your media players? Do you have QuickTime installed?

• 2. Re: Couldnt Import .MP3 into Flash CC
            danman90 Community Member

Hey Sinious,

I have the latest QuickTime installed and the mp3 does play on it. I re-created the mp3 in Audition and reimported it and it still says "couldnt import .mp3"

What else could this be?

• 3. Re: Couldnt Import .MP3 into Flash CC
              sinious MVP

There was an older issue with Flash CS6 where any MP3 with a bitrate over 192kbit could not be imported unless both QuickTime and iTunes were installed to the latest version (on Windows). Do you also have iTunes installed and updated?

I don't think anyone got to the bottom of why iTunes was needed but many people couldn't import MP3 with the same error until they did. You might want to try that.

The only MP3 workaround was to import directly to library instead of stage and play it in a timeline layer, but some could only hear it during published playback (no preview).

Of course an alternate workaround is to simply use a different format. There's still something going on with MP3, which is a bit surprising considering how common it is. I would recommend trying WAV or AIFF as a workaround for now if iTunes/QuickTime updating doesn't fix it.