2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 7:13 AM by burkley70

Creating a .swf in InDesign, is there anyway to export it into a more compatible format?

burkley70

I am not sure if the above question is actually what I am asking.  I created a training module using a ton of these .swf files in InDesign.  The .swf files don't line up with the timeline so they can't be paused, fast forwarded or controlled in anyway.  The course was created in Articulate Storyline, their solution is to import it as a video and not flash. When I do that it becomes a static image.  I have the cloud,  I attempted to pull it into After Effects and then export it, but it again, I cannot import it.. (I am still in the beginning stages of learning that program.)  I've installed Flash Pro and attempted the same.

Is there anyway I can make these files into a compatible format, say mpg-4?

Thanks!

Monica

• 1. Re: Creating a .swf in InDesign, is there anyway to export it into a more compatible format?
          Doc Maik Level 4

The course was created in Articulate Storyline, their solution is to import it as a video and not flash

"it" means the source files? Sure, the player of the video is a Flash player, embedded as SWF into web pages. But if you have videos as source, then import them directly to Indesign to make a big SWF or PDF for interactivity (perhaps by using a player with controls) or into Premiere / After Effects to export as video format of your desire.

• 2. Re: Creating a .swf in InDesign, is there anyway to export it into a more compatible format?
            burkley70 Level 1

I wrote that wrong. I create all of my images, backgrounds, designs, and animations in InDesign. From InDesign, I export the images as jpgs and the animations as .swfs.  From there, I import the .swfs into storyline as a flash object, and it plays normally; however, in the player within storyline, while viewing the course, when the slide is paused the .swf keeps going.. If it's fast forwarded, the .swf starts from the beginning.  My goal is to have it work with the player controls, pause with the slide, and continue where it left off - all of that.

The only way to do so, which I found in the storyline forum, is to import it as a video.

So the animations I created in Indesign, exported to a .swfs, I attempted to pull into After Effects and then export them; however, it doesn't actually play or seem to exist in after effects - or in Flash Pro, even Premiere.

Sorry if this confusing.

Thanks a lot!!