7 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2014 3:42 PM by jcanepa

Problems with Forms Central, Help

ohmyachin

We have been using FormsCentral for 2 months and have found that the form continually scrolls if a search is done once the form is first opened. It scrolls slowly, but for a long time as if it is trying to catch up.

The columns also get misaligned and I have to shut down the program and bring it back up again to fix it.

The column numbers do not coincide with when the record was entered.   When I search from oldest to newest the column numbers are not in order.  Higher numbers are mixed in with lower numbers even though the dates are in order.

If you have experienced any of these problems and can help solve please let me know.

• 1. Re: Problems with Forms Central, Help
          jcanepa Adobe Employee

Could you be more specific as to where you are performing your search (Design Tab, View Responses Tab, Preview, etc.).  Could you also provide OS/Browser information and if possible a screen shot of the miss alignment so I can get a better idea of the issue you are seeing?

Regards,

Jeff Canepa

Software Quality Engineer

Adobe Systems, Inc.

jcanepa@adobe.com

• 2. Re: Problems with Forms Central, Help
            ohmyachin Level 1

The searches are all being done in the View response Tab.

In that tab, click the edit button on the right which makes the find field appear. Then search for the name. If the result of the search is towards the bottom of the document it will go to where that item is found and will begin to scroll upwards. For example if the last name is Ward, it would go to the location of Ward but then slowly start to scroll upwards.

We are using Windows 7 computers with firefox as the browser. We have tried IE but it didn't seem to be any different with what is happening. I am not sure if anyone has tried chrome yet.

Since posting the orignial message it has not yet become unaligned. But once it does we will send a screen shot.

Thanks for your help, and let us know if you need any other information, or what we can try.

• 3. Re: Problems with Forms Central, Help
              jcanepa Adobe Employee

How many replies do you have in the View Responses table (approx)?  I am currently unable to see the behavior you describe.  I see where the field I searched for is selected and the thumbscroll on the right moves (as the list is grown/downloaded) but the page itself does not scroll. 

• 4. Re: Problems with Forms Central, Help
                ohmyachin Level 1

There are almost 1400 entries in the table.

• 5. Re: Problems with Forms Central, Help
                  ohmyachin Level 1

Jeff,

Here is a picture of the misalignment, although this time it is the row it also happens with the columns.

misaligned row.jpg

• 6. Re: Problems with Forms Central, Help
                    ohmyachin Level 1

Here is one the columns are misaligned.

if you look about half way down the e-mail column does not line up and from that column to the right they are shifted, and do not line up with the headings.

They usually have to exit the program and re launch it to fix it.

misaligned form.jpg

• 7. Re: Problems with Forms Central, Help
                      jcanepa Adobe Employee

Great screen captures.  Thank you for sharing. I am still not able to reproduce this.  Is it possible to get you to set me as a co-author so I can do some searches on your form to see if I can recreate this issue?

-Jeff