8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2014 10:05 AM by garek007

Imported text from word, all missing fonts found, but still have pink boxes for Turkish language

garek007 Level 1

Hi,

I placed a document from word. The body font is ITC Garamond. Apparently ITC Garamond doesn't have some Turkish characters. Adobe Garamond however, does. So I was going through and selecting each pink box and changing the character to a new character style I created which is the Adobe Garamond Font. Surely there's an easier way to do this rather than me selecting each pink box? Can GREP do this? I would use the Find Font dialogue, but it shows all fonts as being fine, it doesn't show any missing fonts. So this seems to just be a wierd issue with ITC Garamond not having those special characters.

I know what you're thinking, why not just make my body font Adobe Garamond Pro.... Well I can't right now. Not for this job. Maybe in the future I will, but for not it has to stay ITC Garamond condensed Book.

Also, I should note that in the preflight panel, InDesign does not show the document as having any missing Glyphs either.... so Peter's Glyph script won't work.

Thanks in advance.