4 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2014 11:27 AM by A.T. Romano

How to access removable disks?

HenkDeBoer

I'm new on Elements and seem to stumble in the first round. I use  several extern datadisks (for photo's, audio etc.) via USB - how can I import photo's and other stuff from these? No other program but Elements has a problem with that...

• 1. Re: How to access removable disks?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What error message do you receive?

• 2. Re: How to access removable disks?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

HenkDeBoer

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and what computer operating system is it running?

For now, I will asssume Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

If you have video storage on an USB 2 or 3 external hard drive and you want to use any of it in a Premiere Elements project, you should be able to use Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folders to navigate to the external hard drive and import the file(s) into the project. What is happening in your case to give you problems?

Is the external hard drive USB 2 or 3, is the drive letter staying constant, and is the external hard drive formatted NTFS if you are working on Windows? If Mac, what format is your external hard drive?

Or do you have your media stored on a USB 2 or 3 Flash Drive or DVD disc...if so, then you would use Add Media/"Videos from Flip or Camera"/Video Importer after you insert your USB Flash Drive into a USB port or place the DVD disc in the burner tray.

Please review and consider, supply details, and then we shall work on resolving whatever Premiere Elements workflow problems that you are having.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: How to access removable disks?
              HenkDeBoer Level 1

Thank you for your fast response!... From my side I should have supplied more info. My working horse  is an eMac with for all possible data (photos, audio, backup etc) extern (USB 2) drives attached. These drives are formatted with MacOS (journalled) or FAT32. The OS is Mavericks with Elements 12. When trying to import files - 'Photos from cameras or devices' - it says under 'Source' just 'No device found' whatever I try. However after several tries it now seems to work with Organizer. And so I take it from there...

Op 30 apr. 2014, om 23:52 heeft A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

Re: How to access removable disks?

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

HenkDeBoer

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and what computer operating system is it running?

For now, I will asssume Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

If you have video storage on an USB 2 or 3 external hard drive and you want to use any of it in a Premiere Elements project, you should be able to use Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folders to navigate to the external hard drive and import the file(s) into the project. What is happening in your case to give you problems?

Is the external hard drive USB 2 or 3, is the drive letter staying constant, and is the external hard drive formatted NTFS if you are working on Windows? If Mac, what format is your external hard drive?

Or do you have your media stored on a USB 2 or 3 Flash Drive or DVD disc...if so, then you would use Add Media/"Videos from Flip or Camera"/Video Importer after you insert your USB Flash Drive into a USB port or place the DVD disc in the burner tray.

Please review and consider, supply details, and then we shall work on resolving whatever Premiere Elements workflow problems that you are having.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6345590#6345590

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6345590#6345590

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6345590#6345590. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 4. Re: How to access removable disks?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

HenkDeBoer

Great news. Great job in resolving your Premiere Elements 12 Mac issue.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user. I try to help the Premiere Elements Mac user when I can find common ground that exists between Premiere Elements Windows and Mac. But, when it comes to the workings of a Mac computer, then I need to depend on what  I have read.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Best wishes.

ATR