• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 14 x86 Feedback

Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the developments on x86, which did indeed improve performance of my 2D projects. However, I have the following issues:

- Projects compiled with "arch x86" are no longer compatible with other devices, so it's not as universal as an Android app needs to be.

- Almost all of my native extensions have been thrown off and no longer work properly if at all.

- 3D seems to have stopped being displayed (using Flare3D at least).

This is my experience on Samsung Tab 3 vs Galaxy S2.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

- Yes, currently we do not support universal app (with both x86 and ARM support). For now you would need to upload both your x86 and ARM app to Google play store to cater to all your cusotmers. We do intend to provide the support for universal apps in future.

- Your native extensions need to be packaged again, with support for "Android-x86" platform in their extension.xml.

- 3D should work fine. If not, it's a bug. Could you please log this bug at bugbase.adobe.com ?

Thanks,

Daman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How far is the universal support? Will ANEs be universal as well? I as because I wonder if it's worth spending time adding the new platform to the ANEs or is it better to just wait a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The biggest stumbling block for me so far is the extensions. If I didn't make them myself, how can I repackage them for x86? I've managed to locate the "extension.xml" file and made the suggested changes to it, but I'm not sure what else is required...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need original .jar (which can be extract from .ane i think it should work) ,add x86 platform to "extension.xml" and finally add x86 build command as doc said

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This comment:

- Yes, currently we do not support universal app (with both x86 and ARM support). For now you would need to upload both your x86 and ARM app to Google play store to cater to all your cusotmers. We do intend to provide the support for universal apps in future.

was posted almost a year ago!  Are there any updates in creating universal APKs with Flash Builder 4.7 and AIR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi

We also talked about

with mr mohanaraj

When will universal apk(with both intel and ARM,32 and 64 bit) be supported ?

(with flash pro and builder by air sdk)

universal apk biggest problem is now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damanjit Singh

and because i can't debug so it hard to file issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi katopz,

Bug 3756123 is reproducible at our end with both armv7 and x86 runtime on Samsung Tab 3 but not on Nexus5 or Nexus7 and we are investigating the issue.

-Nimisha

katopz@sleepydesign.com wrote:

Damanjit Singh

and because i can't debug so it hard to file issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed the extension.xml file with xml header <extension xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/extension/14.0"> and packaged ane file  again for android with intel x86 but it's not work

Somebody help me !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you included Android-x86 as platform in your extension.xml? Also have you packaged required files for Android-x86 platform?

Following is a sample extension.xml for an ANE supporting both Android architectures:

<extension xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/extension/14.0">

<id>com.adobe.thirdpartyExtension</id>

<versionNumber>1</versionNumber>

<platforms>

<platform name="Android-ARM">

<applicationDeployment>

<nativeLibrary>samplethirdpartyjava.jar</nativeLibrary>

<initializer>com.sample.extensions.ane.SampleThirdPartyExtension</initializer>

<finalizer>com.sample.extensions.ane.SampleThirdPartyExtension</finalizer>

</applicationDeployment>

</platform>

<platform name="Android-x86">

<applicationDeployment>

<nativeLibrary>samplethirdpartyjava.jar</nativeLibrary>

<initializer>com.sample.extensions.ane.SampleThirdPartyExtension</initializer>

<finalizer>com.sample.extensions.ane.SampleThirdPartyExtension</finalizer>

</applicationDeployment>

</platform>

</platforms>

</extension>

In packaging command you need to specify contents for Android-x86 platform:

-platform Android-ARM -C platform/Android . -platform Android-x86 -C platform/Android-x86 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines