1 Reply Latest reply on May 1, 2014 5:29 AM by Steve Grisetti

Losing quality in my images during editing

HoodKittiesKillBirdz

Im using premiere elements 12 its my first time using any adobe editing software. I bought it because I was losing quality in my images and video while making videos on my basic movie maker that came with my laptop. I spent over 100 dollars on elements and im getting the same results. do I need to tweek my project settings? I want to upload this video online will it go back to normal once uploaded? any tips would be appreciated!

• 1. Re: Losing quality in my images during editing
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You don't say if you are working on a high-def or a standard def (DVD) project, but do remember that Premiere Elements is a video editor, not a slideshow creator. So anything you put into it is going to come out at video resolution -- 720x480 pixels for standard def or DVD video or 1920x1080 for high-def or BluRay video. That's likely a big step down from your original photo resolution, since even 5 or 10 megapixel camera is shooting many times that resolution.

This article explains in greater detail the difference between photo and video resolution.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1187937?tstart=0

Where do you plan to display your slideshow? If on a TV, Premiere Elements' resolution is just fine. (Assuming you've got a BluRay workflow for your HDTV, etc.)

If you're looking for a higher resolution slideshow creator for, say, display on your computer, you may want to consider a dedicated slideshow creator like Pro Show Gold.