7 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2014 5:37 AM by MoinMari

OS X 10.9.2 wont open CS6 AE

MoinMari

hello,

have trouble with the AE of the CS6. When trying to start AE different errors occur. One message says that AE might be not correctly or partialy installed, another says that it doesn´t work with the current OS X. Made an AE update, yesterday. I installed the whole program today, again. It is still not working. Maybe it does matter, that I have got the edu version of CS6 installed.

hope anybody can help. tnx at advance

best regards Mari

• 1. Re: OS X 10.9.2 wont open CS6 AE
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You must make sure that you have the latest CS6 build installed. Simple as that. There are so many threads on this exact subject that I'm not going to post links to them. Please do a search of the forum. You will find the solutions.

• 2. Re: OS X 10.9.2 wont open CS6 AE
            MoinMari Level 1

Hi Rick,

oh really, Where? I wish I was so wise like you! Thank you for not answering my simple question. If I had found the solution in here, I would not been asking. But as you are such a keen insider, you could just add one of those links, you are talking about... I´m wondering...  Have you got too much time, that you hang around, waiting for a possibility, to discredit beginner.

• 4. Re: OS X 10.9.2 wont open CS6 AE
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

type CS6 will not open in osx in the search field at the top of this page. YA bunch of other posts will be below.

Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 7.30.20 AM.png

This is just one of several good links that should point you to a solution.

I was not being rude or condescending, I was answering from a mobile device as a favor to you and pointed you to the search field in this forum which is where I would go to dig up a link for a possible solution. You did not provide very much information. I don't know if you have tried to install the update and failed. I do not know much of anything about your problem except that quite a few others have had the same problem.

If you want help on this forum you must be willing to do some work for yourself and show some respect for the time folks take to try and help. I bill $$$ for my time when clients call, and I've now just given you about 10 minutes of my time at no charge to deliver an answer you could have found in 10 seconds by following my first suggestion and typing "CS6 will not open in osx" in the search field. Show some respect on the forum and we will give you lots of help. Show an attitude and I'm done. Todd was much kinder than I.

• 5. Re: OS X 10.9.2 wont open CS6 AE
                MoinMari Level 1

Yes Todd is indeed kinder than you are.

I have been searching about 2 h yesterday and today. And found out, what you pointed out. That many people have the osx+ae problem, but less seem to solve it. And since I´m not a native speaker, it can be kind of hard to figure out the core of information.

I´m not disrespecting the community. Nice try. The step to post a question always is the last one, if I have a problem.

And knowing about the price of time I´m trying to keep it short and simple.

About the less informations I gave:

"Made an AE update, yesterday."

Means, what it says.

"I installed the whole program today, again."

means what it says

"It is still not working. Maybe it does matter, that I have got the edu version of CS6"

this is a very special one;-)

In fact it´s going to become an interessting experiment, about how much more time you will spend on this post, although you don´t have time for such an unwilling and ignoble heretic like me. Meanwhile I´m gratefully following the Tood advice, hoping for success, and willing to share my experience with further generations of newbees in the spirit of commune.

• 6. Re: OS X 10.9.2 wont open CS6 AE
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

MoinMari wrote:

"Made an AE update, yesterday."

Means, what it says.

It may "mean what it says", but it doesn't give any information other than that you updated. But it doesn't help at all because it doesn't say what you updated from or what you updated to. Did you go from AE version 11.0.0 to 11.0.4? Perhaps 11.0.2 to 11.0.3? We can't tell.

The difficulty is that you know what you're trying to say, but we don't. That is why more info is needed; it helps us figure out what you are trying to communicate.

• 7. Re: OS X 10.9.2 wont open CS6 AE
                    MoinMari Level 1

Hi Szalam,

Thank you for your feedback.

I updated first from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3. what didn´t solve the problem.

Now I made a further update to 11.0.4. which appears to be the solution of my problem. AE works as fine as it should.

Thanks to the link Todd postet above, I quickly found orientation onto the right place with the actual version updates.