3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2014 9:53 PM by csm_phil

Getting the correct page number

schiuma24 Level 1

Hi, Im stuck with this project...

I have this xml tag

<page id="p4" type="cyan">some content</page>

so, what I want to do is, use this attributes to apply a B-Cyan, B-Magenta or B-Yellow master spread to

(well to whatever page number there is on the tag) in this case page 4 (and 5 implicitly)

im stuck here

if( !myRoot.xmlAttributes.itemByName("xmlns:xml").isValid )

myRoot.xmlAttributes.add( "xmlns:xml", "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" );

if( !myRoot.xmlAttributes.itemByName("xmlns:aid").isValid )

myRoot.xmlAttributes.add( "xmlns:aid", "http://ns.adobe.com/Adobe InDesign/4.0/" );

if( !myRoot.xmlAttributes.itemByName("xmlns:aid5").isValid )

myRoot.xmlAttributes.add( "xmlns:aid", "http://ns.adobe.com/Adobe InDesign/5.0/" );

//

//**Types of pages

var myPageNode= myRoot.evaluateXPathExpression("//page");

for (var x = 0; x < myPageNode.length; x++){

var pageNumber  =  myPageNode[x].xmlAttributes.itemByName("id").value.replace("p","").replace(" ","");

var myTypeOfPage = myPageNode[x].xmlAttributes.itemByName("type").value;

if (myTypeOfPage = "cyan"){

app.activeDocument.pages.itemByName().appliedMaster = app.activeDocument.masterSpreads.item("B-Cyan")

}

if (myTypeOfPage = "magenta"){

app.activeDocument.pages.itemByName().appliedMaster = app.activeDocument.masterSpreads.item("B-Magenta")

}

if (myTypeOfPage = "yellow"){

app.activeDocument.pages.itemByName().appliedMaster = app.activeDocument.masterSpreads.item("B-Yellow")

}

};

i dont know how to pass the correct value to: pages.itemByName( my page tag id number should get here )

help!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1. Re: Getting the correct page number
          csm_phil Level 4

Hi schiuma24,

I just modified your JS code, Please try the below code its works fine!

var myDoc = app.activeDocument;
          var myRoot = myDoc.xmlElements[0];
          var myPageNode= myRoot.evaluateXPathExpression("//page");
          for (var x = 0; x < myPageNode.length; x++){
              var pageNumber  =  myPageNode[x].xmlAttributes.itemByName("id").value.replace(/[a-z]/gi, "");
              var myTypeOfPage = myPageNode[x].xmlAttributes.itemByName("type").value;
              if (myTypeOfPage == "cyan"){
                  myDoc.pages.item(pageNumber).appliedMaster = myDoc.masterSpreads.item("B-Cyan");
                  }
              else if (myTypeOfPage == "magenta"){
                  myDoc.pages.item(pageNumber).appliedMaster = myDoc.masterSpreads.item("B-Magenta");
                  }
              else if (myTypeOfPage == "yellow"){
                  myDoc.pages.item(pageNumber).appliedMaster = myDoc.masterSpreads.item("B-Yellow");
                  }
              };

here is your mistake!!

if (myTypeOfPage = "cyan"){// Here your not compare the the cyan, you assign the value.

thx,

csm_phil.

• 2. Re: Getting the correct page number
            schiuma24 Level 1

Hi Phil, im not comparing to cyan, im checking if the attribute of Type is cyan

• 3. Re: Getting the correct page number
              csm_phil Level 4

Hi schium24,

You said your comparing the cyan value, but you you using the "=" is assign the value. not compare, If you need to compare you have to use "==" or etc.

I tried my code its working fine. You get any error the above code.

thx,

csm_phil