4 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2014 8:37 AM by A.T. Romano

PE 12 Lengthening an image in TL

NWilson

Hi I have placed an image/ backdrop in 'Video 1' section of time line and I have a 20 second video in 'Video 2' section. I have successfully applied the green screen keying effect to the video with the backdrop that is on the TL but it isn't as long as the video, how can i make the backdrop fit the whole of the 20 second video?

Thankyou.

• 1. Re: PE 12 Lengthening an image in TL
          nealeh Level 5

Select it, hover the mouse over the right hand edge until it changes then click and drag to extend it.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: PE 12 Lengthening an image in TL
            NWilson Level 1

Thankyou.

• 3. Re: PE 12 Lengthening an image in TL
              A.T. Romano Level 7

NWilson

I am just seeing your thread. Sounds like you are making progress with your green screen Premiere Elements project.

Please remind me what is the format for the background file on Video 1. Is it still or video? My recollection is that it is a still. If that is the case, the mouse click and drag out to the wanted duration should do the job. The longer way and more exact way would be to right click the Video 1 still clip, select Time Stretch, and then set the exact duration in the Time Stretch dialog which shows duration in a timecode fashion 00;00;00;00 (hours; minutes/seconds/frames).

If the mouse click drag did the job, then great.

ATR

• 4. Re: PE 12 Lengthening an image in TL
                A.T. Romano Level 7

NWilson

Just trying to catch up with this new updated forum.

Are you OK with the details of my post numbered 3 in this thread.

I have just responded to your other questions in another thread. Looking forward to all your results.

Thanks.

ATR