5 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2014 7:32 AM by BKBK

ColdFusion 9 and ColdFusion 10

iccsi Level 1

I have following JavaScrip code which works for ColdFusion 10, but not ColdFsuion 9.

Because I have ColdFusion production server so I need find a solution for ColdFusion 9.

I use SQL Server 2008 as backend.

If SQL server returns datetime type then I can get curr_date, curr_month and curr_year.

The datetime type return is 'April, 25 2014 00:00:00', but I want to dispaly without time section and if it is possible that I need display like mm-dd-yyyy or yyyy-mm-dd have more compact display.

If SQL server returns date type then rowdata, curr_date, curr_month, and curr_year are NaN.

SQL returns '2014-04-25' when I use Date Type which is what I need, but ColdFusion does not recognize when I pass to the other form and it reads NaN.

I understand that it is JavaScrip code, but for some reason they have different behavior on ColdFusion 9 and ColdFusion 10.

I would like to know is it possible to get compact date format and ColdFusion can recognize as a date field to parse right information,

Your help and information is great appreciated,

Regards,

Iccsi,

var d = new Date(rowdata[1]);

var curr_date = d.getDate();

var curr_month = d.getMonth() +1 ;

var curr_year = d.getFullYear();

• 1. Re: ColdFusion 9 and ColdFusion 10
          Steve Sommers Level 4

Need more data. How is the date from the cfquery (I'm assuming you are using cfquery to get the data from MS-SQL 2008 server) making it into the rowdata array?

My guess is you are using whatever native format that the SQL server returns. I always format date and time variables with DateFormat and/or TimeFormat.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ColdFusion 9 and ColdFusion 10
            iccsi Level 1

Thanks a million for the information and help,

I use cfstoredproc, I just return convert(char(10), myDate, 101) and it works, since 101 returns mm/dd/yyyy.

Thanks again for helping,

Regards,

Iccsi,

• 3. Re: ColdFusion 9 and ColdFusion 10
              BKBK Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I still don't understand. In fact, I have the same question as Steve. How do you pass date data from the query to Javascript?

• 4. Re: ColdFusion 9 and ColdFusion 10
                iccsi Level 1

Thanks for the message,

The date time value I got from stored procedure to my lookup form from user criteria to fill jqGrid.

I let user click on the row to go to specific row, the date and time fields are part of key.

I pass the information from jqGrid to my edit form, technically, it is from jqQuery, not directory from MS SQL server.

The only question I have is that ColdFusion 9 and ColdFusion 10 behavior are different.

Regards,

iccsi,

• 5. Re: ColdFusion 9 and ColdFusion 10
                  BKBK Adobe Community Professional & MVP

iccsi wrote:

If SQL server returns datetime type then I can get curr_date, curr_month and curr_year.

The datetime type return is 'April, 25 2014 00:00:00', but I want to dispaly without time section and if it is possible that I need display like mm-dd-yyyy or yyyy-mm-dd have more compact display.

Get the SQL server to return datetime type. That works. So it is a good place to start.

You could, using what you already have, create a date as a string in the format you need, and return it.

var theDate = d.toLocaleDateString();

An alternative:

var curr_date = ('0'+d.getDate()).slice(-2); // dd format

var curr_month = ('0'+(d.getMonth() +1)).slice(-2) ; // mm format

var curr_year = d.getFullYear().toString();

// Your preferred format

var dateAsString = curr_month + '-' + curr_date + '-' + curr_year;