1 Reply Latest reply on May 5, 2014 12:21 PM by IsakTen

Importing older Digital Signatures into an Electronic Document Mgmt System

TomTrifik

I have Adobe PDF documents signed with digital signatures in 2002-03 that I need to import into an EMC Documentum repository without invalidating the signatures.  When I try pulling documents into the system, they are seen as "changed or modified" by the authentication software, and the signatures dissappear.  How do I get around this?

• 1. Re: Importing older Digital Signatures into an Electronic Document Mgmt System
          IsakTen Level 4

2002-2003 signatures were signed probably with Acrobat 5 or 6. Two questions:

1. If you open this PDF in Reader XI, does it validate the signatures as valid?

2. If you import into Documentum PDF signed with the latest Acrobat version (X or XI), does Documentum import then without errors?

If the answer to question 1 is "no" then there is something wrong with these PDFs.

I am not familiar with Documentum, so this is just a speculation.

My guess is that the answers to both questions are "yes". If so, then Documentum does not support the older PDF signature format (which is still in PDF 1.7 specification).

If the answer to question 1 is "yes" and to question 2 is "no", then perhaps Documentum does not support signed PDFs.

I am not familiar with Documentum, so this is just a speculation.