6 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2014 8:33 AM by Steve Grisetti

Trying to create MENU's in Premiere Elements 10 I am getting an error.

tnndkk

Hi all

When trying to create a MENU for my new film, I am now getting the error "Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires PE to shut down". It has worked fine until now.

Does anyone else have this problem ??

What can I do???

Best regards

Torben Nyman Nielsen

• 1. Re: Trying to create MENU's in Premiere Elements 10 I am getting an error.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What steps are you taking to create a menu? Does the program crash with every template you try or with one specific template?

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is it? What are your project settings (as listed under the Edit menu)?

If your project settings and video match, you will NOT see red lines along the top of the timeline, above your video clips, in Timeline mode. Is this the case in your project? Mismatched project settings often cause the program to run inefficiently or crash.

• 2. Re: Trying to create MENU's in Premiere Elements 10 I am getting an error.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

tnndkk

Some supplemental questions as you prepare to answer those presented already by SG. Please answer his first.

What do you mean by "create" a new menu - customize an Adobe built theme in the Disc Menus section of the program or create a new disc menu from scratch with Photoshop CS or higher and then insert it into the appropriate Premiere Elements 10 directory?

How many menu markers, enough spacing beween the Timeline menu markers? If you ever get the menu open in Disc Menus, how many main menu pages, how many scene menu pages? Nonetheless, based on number of Timeline menu markers and the designed in number of buttons per menu page, how many main menin pages and how many scene menu pages expected?

More later depending on your reply with more details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Trying to create MENU's in Premiere Elements 10 I am getting an error.
              tnndkk Level 1

Hi Steve

Thank you for your response.

I use the Menus Index Tab Divider and choose one of the default templates.

I have now tried with 3 templates before I gave up and none of them worked.

The movie was made from some old VHS that was converted to DVD. I am not aware of the format and resolution unfortunately.

About the project settings, I am not very much into that and I am not answering from my machine, so I cannot see them right now.

Yes I have seen some red lines in top of the video clip, in timeline mode and I have wondered what they meant - now I know thanks.

I can understand the problem if the error comes from mismatched wideoclips. I just think it is a very poor error message saying absolutely nothing about what the problem is - only leaving me puzzled

I sense that there is nothing I can do about it - is that correct??

Best regards

Torben Nyman Nielsen

Den 03/05/2014 kl. 15.56 skrev Steve Grisetti <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

created by Steve Grisetti in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

What steps are you taking to create a menu? Does the program crash with every template you try or with one specific template?

What model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is it? What are your project settings (as listed under the Edit menu)?

If your project settings and video match, you will NOT see red lines along the top of the timeline, above your video clips, in Timeline mode. Is this the case in your project? Mismatched project settings often cause the program to run inefficiently or crash.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6350293#6350293

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 4. Re: Trying to create MENU's in Premiere Elements 10 I am getting an error.

I really will need answers to all of my questions before I can help you, Torben.

Please look under the Edit menu and select Project Settings. Post to this forum the project settings listed on the Edit tab.

In version 10 of Premiere Elements, you need to manually set up your project with the correct project settings in order for it to run stably.

Also, whenever you see red lines above your movie clips in Timeline mode, you need to render your timeline by pressing the Enter key on your keyboard.

How did you add the video from your DVD to your Premiere Elements project? That could also be important.

Once we've straightened out your stability and project setup issues, it's likely you'll be able to add your movie menus without the program crashing.

• 5. Re: Trying to create MENU's in Premiere Elements 10 I am getting an error.
                  tnndkk Level 1

Hi Steve

Thank you for your patience.

I am enclosing 3 snapshots from the profile setting.

I have now used the Enter key to render the clips and the line in the top has shiftet from Red to Green.

The movie clips has been taken from various DVD’s

Med varm hilsen

Torben Nyman Nielsen

Den 05/05/2014 kl. 14.26 skrev Steve Grisetti <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

created by Steve Grisetti in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

I really will need answers to all of my questions before I can help you, Torben.

Please look under the Edit menu and select Project Settings. Post to this forum the project settings listed on the Edit tab.

In version 10 of Premiere Elements, you need to manually set up your project with the correct project settings in order for it to run stably.

Also, whenever you see red lines above your movie clips in Timeline mode, you need to render your timeline by pressing the Enter key on your keyboard.

How did you add the video from your DVD to your Premiere Elements project? That could also be important.

Once we've straightened out your stability and project setup issues, it's likely you'll be able to add your movie menus without the program crashing.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6354340#6354340

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 6. Re: Trying to create MENU's in Premiere Elements 10 I am getting an error.

Sorry. I'm not seeing your attachments, Med.