2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2014 6:03 AM by DrDtMM

Upload to YouTube: upload successful; change accounts; fails repeatedly (try again later).

DrDtMM

I successfully uploaded a 6-minute video of a concert-band performance to YouTube. Watched it from YouTube. However, I then discovered that I had been logged in to the wrong YouTube account. I changed accounts and repeated the upload: "Error...Try again later." Several times.

A few years ago, I was given a solution to this identical problem which involved two steps: (1) create a You-Tube compatible disk file (2) upload disk file to YouTube. However, I didn't document this and when I came back six months later to upload another batch of performance videos, it wasn't necessary. Now, I cannot re-create this solution.

Help!

• 1. Re: Upload to YouTube: upload successful; change accounts; fails repeatedly (try again later).
          DrDtMM Level 1

I found this response from March, 2012, to the first step of the desired procedure, which I duplicate below. However, I haven't tried it yet, so I'm hoping that PE10 hasn't changed in such a way that it no longer works. Also, though I must have figured it out a couple of years ago, it's not obvious to me to what folder the file created in this step should be uploaded.

Try creating your file to your hard drive and uploading manually. (This can often give superior results.)

From the Share tab, choose Computer and then QuickTime/MOV. Choose the DV preset and then click the Advanced button.

From the settings window, do the following:

Video Tab
          *Video Codec: H.264
          *Quality: 100
          *Frame Wdith: 1280
          *Frame Height: 720
          *Frame Rate: 29.97
          *Field Type: Progressive
          *Pixel Aspect Ratio: square
          *Set Bitrate: checked
          *Bitrate: 8000 kbps

\Audio Tab
          *Audio Code: AAC
          *Output Channels: Stereo
          *Frequency: 44kHz

• 2. Re: Upload to YouTube: upload successful; change accounts; fails repeatedly (try again later).
            DrDtMM Level 1

Steve Grisetti's procedure worked fine within PE10 (with frame size 720 X 480) and the uploading is done from within YouTube, so one doesn't need to know the folder into which the Quicktime version of the video is to be moved.

Dan