30 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2015 8:03 AM by ssprengel

Nikon 5300 NEF/RAW files not supported by PS Elements 12 / Camera Raw?

crossfire291 Level 1

I just purchased a Nikon D5300, and I only shoot in RAW/NEF. As always I try to edit in Photoshop Elements 12 Camera Raw, but receive the following message: "Could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera Raw. Please visit the Camera Raw help documentation for additional information."

I was told to try downloading Camera Raw DNG converter 8.3. I did that. I apparently have to convert all my NEF files to DNG, then save as Jpg. That could essentially triple the amount of space used for photos on my hard drive. Not acceptable.

I just learned that there is apparently an update, Camera Raw 8.4. I attempted to download that, but the page doesn't load, just a bunch of links to other things on the site, and no way to start a download.

You pay for these products, but links and pages that don't work, and even CC doesn't notify you, or update automatically. You have to scour the internet, and resort to asking questions on a forum (not that it is entirely a bad thing).

I'm not at a loss as to what to do. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. If you can provide any links that you are talking about, that would be awesome too.