3 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2014 11:12 AM by A.T. Romano

why is adobe premier elements 12 the worst version yet and with no content unless you go online

gregdafgrztfhzdfgdgf

I even had adobe chat guy online and take control of my pc and after about 2 hours of trying all he could say was i could cut n paste content from my adobe elements 10 into 12 then he hung up what good is it buying 12 if I have to use 10 to use 12 this is not the first case of problems with premier elements and downloading content even with version 10 coming with contents disk still wouldn't load for me this and other problems with crashes even running a very high spec pc . I wouldn't recommend premier elements to anyone at the moment and am seriously thinking of alternative software am looking now unless adobe can exsplain my problems ,ps dont even bother trying to use HD in it either

• 1. Re: why is adobe premier elements 12 the worst version yet and with no content unless you go online
          A.T. Romano Level 7

greg

What edition of Windows is your Premiere Elements 10 or 12 running on?

Yes, you can copy/paste insert between Premiere Elements project when you use the 3rd party software ClipMate is conjunction with Premiere Elements.

The version specific information is found in my blog post

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: ClipMate Copy/Paste Between Projects

Premiere Elements 10 should do a complete job of it. Premiere Elements 12 fares well with the technique except that the transitions in project 1 do not copy/paste along with the rest during the task. But, the copy/paste insert is nothing new to Premiere Elements 12; consequently this should not be a surprise to you since you have used  10.

The Content for versions later than 10 is online download only; whereas, Premiere Elements 10 offers online content if you purchased the program as a download and Content disc if you purchased the boxed packaging of the product. You can read the details if you have not already.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe11-no-content-disc-content-downloads.html

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 7, 8, 9,10: Content Download

If you got stuck with Content download in Premiere Elements 10, that was your choice since a Content disc was available for 10 when you purchased the boxed packaging of the product.  I much prefer the Content disc but I had no choice other than Content download for 11 and 12 even though I purchased boxed packaging. And, If you could not load Content from a version 10 Content disc, you have more problems that just the Content download and the Copy/Paste Insert matter.

If you want user to user troubleshooting help with Premiere Elements 10 or 12 and are willing to get involved in 10 and/or 12 troubleshooting of your core problems, then please let us begin the exchange of information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: why is adobe premier elements 12 the worst version yet and with no content unless you go online
            gregdafgrztfhzdfgdgf Level 1

Thank you Greg for your help its very much appreciated I am running windows 7 ultimate 64bit . I did get the contents disk with 10 but after installing it I found a lot of the disk menus missing I have managed to copy n paste from an earlier version but am still stuck on trying to get 12 to work even with the online help guy taking control any more hints on how to get all content for 12

thanks again Rod

• 3. Re: why is adobe premier elements 12 the worst version yet and with no content unless you go online
              A.T. Romano Level 7

greg

I am assuming that was you in post 2 as Rod.

After the fact comments...you should not have any problems getting all the Content for Premiere Elements 10 from the version 10 Content disc. Not sure if there were computer permission problems or damaged Content disc associated with what happened to you or something else. If you ever do have to install Content for 10 again, please take a look at my blog post that covers that detail by detail.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 7, 8, 9,10: Content Download

You know that you cannot do a copy/paste in Premiere Elements or from project to project with just the ordinary computer copy and paste commands. That applies to all versions of Premiere Elements , not just 12.

What are the specific types of problems that you are still running into with Premiere Elements 12? We can could take one on at a time. If you get lucky, one problem fix may start a chain reaction of fixes. Please consider if you want to try to continue to get 12 to work for you. If not, we wish you success with whatever video editor you decide to work with.

ATR