• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you get flash player to work on windows 8 ?

New Here ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.0.0 of flash player, using  internet explorer 9.  I only get a green screen when I try to use the player. The audio is fine, just no picture. shockwave is enabled, smart screen filter is off. Is there a solution to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Windows 8 came with IE 10. I have yet to find a way to put IE9 on it.

2. Green Screen is caused by outdated or corrupted video drivers. (Yes, even if they're "up to date" according to Windows, they can STILL become corrupted - and even if Windows says they're working properly).

Update/repair your drivers from the display adapter manufacturer site - NOT through Windows update. Windows: how do I update the device driver for my video/display adapter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried what you suggested and went to my driver web site, it did a scan and said my driver was up to date. I am using AMD Radeon HD 6450 driver. I have tried everything and still no video. Any other ideals? also I was wrong on the version of windows I have 8.1 internet explorer 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines