8 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2014 5:56 AM by concreteduck

Sound File Related Issue with Premiere Elements 12

concreteduck Level 1

Hey Guys,

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 12 and I do have a strange issue with sound.

I usually record my voice with audacity and export it to MP3 for later use in my videos.

When I want to insert these MP3 files into Premiere, more often than not, it just gives me a blank audio file which plays no sound. The audio-file is activated in the video, the audiomix indicates it should work.

The issue occurs no matter which way I import the MP3 (Drag & Drop right into the audio 1 for example, importing via "Import Media", etc.) - and is very annoying and strange to say the least. I usually get it fixed by trying several times, sometimes I get it fixed by making a "File Analyse" in the related Media Menu.

Yes, my Quicktime has the newest version (I updated it like two days ago).

It really annoys me a lot, especially since I do not know why this error occurs and how I acutally get it fixed, it seems pretty random to me (just today I drag&dropped an MP3 that worked instantly, the next one didn't work on several tries, even though they were all exported and created in the same way, which tells me that it's probably not a codex-related-issue).

Thank you guys for your help in advance, any good clues on how to fix this whole thing are appreciated

• 1. Re: Sound File Related Issue with Premiere Elements 12
          concreteduck Level 1

While fiddling around, I also realized that Adobe Premiere, if it acknowledges my soundfile as a working one, always seems to replicate the last few seconds of my audio to fill the last few seconds of the video, even if it is not supposed to do that. It mostly leaves my video with me sayong "Bye!" like, a few times, over and over again. Maybe this helps or someone knows how to stop Premiere from doing that as well?

Would be neat!

• 2. Re: Sound File Related Issue with Premiere Elements 12
            A.T. Romano Level 7

concreteduck

If you are creating your narrations in Audacity, for troubleshooting purposes

a. what happens to your issues if you export the narration from Audacity as a .wav file and import that into Premiere Elements Narration Track or Audio 1 track?

Please check out the first part to determine if it takes care of the second part of your questions.

Are you working in the Expert or Quick workspace of Premiere Elements 12?  In the Expert workspace, expand the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline and take a close look at the placement of the audio and video files as well as the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar.

At you only at the editing stage of this project? If so, are you running the rendered or unrendered Timeline when you hear this narration irregularity at the end of the Timeline content?

Please let me know if you supplemental details on any of the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Sound File Related Issue with Premiere Elements 12
              concreteduck Level 1

Hey A.T. Romano,

in regards to your question:

Exporting it to Wav or MP3 doesn't seem to make any difference.

I am working in the Expert Workspace. The +/- Bar can be used, the placement of the files is correct.

Pre-rendering does not change anything for the audio file. Neither does it suddenly become availble if it wasn't beforehand, nor does the duplicated sound issue go away. The only fixing I found for the doubled sound issue so far was to manually search the point in the audio file and re-place the out Point of the audio. Which is a tedious task to do for every single video :-/

• 4. Re: Sound File Related Issue with Premiere Elements 12
                concreteduck Level 1

I'll give this a little push. No one knows how to deal with this problem?

• 5. Re: Sound File Related Issue with Premiere Elements 12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

concreteduck

Thanks for the follow ups. Sorry the news was not better. Sorry for the delayed follow up. I am still trying to navigate the forum threads after the major forum update.

Some maneuvers for you to consider

a. Have you updated that program from 12 to 12.1?

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: 12.1 Update Released

b. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. If your Premiere Elements 12 is running on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, the path to the file is:

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which it exists.

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

c. If that does not work, you could go for deactivation within the program (Help Menu/Sign Out), uninstall via Control Panel route, ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner), reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

d. Out of curiosity I would ask, do you have the same narration issue with the Premiere Elements 12 Narration Tool narrations as you do with the Audacity generated ones? They should be the same so I ask this just out of curiosity.

e. If you play the narration with the extra at its end outside of Premiere Elements Timeline do you hear the extra. And, if you exported that Timeline, do you hear the extra in the export?

As for rendering of the Timeline content, I was thinking about that in terms of the general smoothness of the Timeline content playback in the Edit area monitor.

If you playback the project content in the Quick workspace, does this audio issue present there also?

Also, in Expert workspace, if you put the narration on an Audio Track instead of the Narration Track, does the problem go away?

ATR

• 6. Re: Sound File Related Issue with Premiere Elements 12
                    concreteduck Level 1

Hey A.T. Romano,

a)

I do use the 12.1 Version of Elements.

b+c)

I deleted the 12.0 Folder in the directory you asked, but to no avail, the program still keeps bugging me with its sound issues. (Which is really annoying because it basically costs me several additional minutes in editing which would not be neccesary)

While I deleted the folder, Elements was closed, I then restarted it and it re-installed the folder (which I think was what it was supposed to do, just mentioning it for full reports sake).

d+e)
                    Same issue, no change

It does not matter into where I put the audio file. I stated inserting it into narration and got a blank file. I then thought that was because I put it there, but also putting it into the audio path gives the same issue.

Also, changing between Quick and Expert does not change anything.

I really start to get bugged out by this, because I invested my money into this program because I thought it would help me do a better and easier job at what I am doing, but atm, it seems its mainly a more complicated job :-/

• 7. Re: Sound File Related Issue with Premiere Elements 12
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

concreteduck

The Adobe forum updates and problems with the Adobe IDs and Passwards and the thread traffic have apparently factored into maintaining continued communications.

Are you still having the problems that we have talked about above? If so...

a. What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? I did not see mention of that yet. What is a description of its resources?

b. Is your audio card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

c. What did you use for installation files - purchased download from Adobe or other vendor or installation disc that came in the boxed packaging of the product?

You could try downloading and installing the tryout from the following web site and inserting your purchased serial number in it

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

The key to this approach is to read very carefully the "Note: Very Important Instructions" at that web site in order to avoid an Access Denied message.

d. You could consider installing the program to a new User Account also with Administrative Privileges. (By the way, with the current system, is your User Account with Administrative Privileges and do you also use "Run As Administrator"?

e. Are you  having any other strange behavior in the program that might be consistent with antivirus conflicts? Any 3rd party plug-ins?

Some of the suggestions may seem more or less unlikely candidates, but, at this point, nothing should be taken for granted. Also, please confirm/remind me, are these issues with old and new projects.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Sound File Related Issue with Premiere Elements 12
                        concreteduck Level 1

Hey there,

yes, I am still having these issues.

In regards to your questions:

a)

I am running on Win 8.1, with a Intel Xeon processor and 16 Gigs of Ram. My graphics card is a Radeon R9 270X.

b) Yes, my audio card driver is up to date. My PC is pretty new and I just recently checked all drivers (namely, when I first got it)

c) My installation files were the test version. So, I tried the test version, downloaded from the Adobe website itself, used it a bit, and then bought a full version on amazon. I then entered my serial number into my test version to upgrade it, and that's the version I am using right now.

d) My user account is running with administrator privileges.

e) Not as far as I know. Besides from the two descried audio issues, everything works fine.

Kind regards,

concreteduck