youtube on his site state the resolution are:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853702?hl=fr

240p360p480p720p1080p* new platform only
      Résolution426 x 240640 x 360854x4801280x7201920x1080

but on the setting i have export to

640x480 ?

1440x1080 ?

1920x1080 ! ah there is one match.

Why do the export options do not match the video format offered by you tube ?

I think this force youtube to resize the video and makes poor quality and we are forced to load very heavy video in 1920x1080 to get a correct one in 720p. Could you tell us why the resolution choice is so low and also why not in sync with the biggest provider on line today ?

also why cannot we change any settings there

regards,

Ghislain.

• 1. Re: youtube resolution and premiere settings
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ghislain

First, this is not Adobe. This is a Premiere Elements user to user forum.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

If you have any problems working with the upload to YouTube from within the Premiere Elements project, you always have the alternative to export your Timeline to a file which is saved to the computer hard drive. Then you upload the hard drive saved file from there to YouTube at the YouTube web site. In this way, you can define the properties of the file that you will be uploading to YouTube at the YouTube web site. Many have found this the way to go especially if their video is over 15 minutes/2.0 GB, the limit for the Premiere Elements 12 YouTube feature. YouTube can offer extended limits at its site whereas Premiere Elements is fixed.

As for the Premiere Elements YouTube presets...no matter what you set, YouTube decides what happens to the upload from within the program.

As for 1920 x 1080 versus 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9, it is better to select that 1920 x 1080 export settings. With this choice, you are not dependent on the player handling of the 16:9 flag to stretch the video to 1920 x 1080.

Hope that the above targets your question.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: youtube resolution and premiere settings
            ghis26 Level 1

Well if this is not support they sure make it look like this to me as i searched for the support system and ended here...

> What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Premiere leement 12 windows 7 64bit

Anyway the issue is that it take ages to upload a video with my bandwidth. I want to upload a 720p vidéo and no more. The option of export are very limited and it is so much easier to choose a format in VLC i really wonder why this is so weird here.

I guess if i want a good result i have to find a format with an acceptable quality ( you cannot record on disk the youtube settings it only sends to it directly as far as i know) and then use VLC to convert it like i want because premiere element do not seems to allow me to do it diredctly.

The ultimate goal would be to be able to send to youtube in 1280x720 with the settings that they want. Too bad i have only 1920x1080 usable in the settings

Ghislain

• 3. Re: youtube resolution and premiere settings
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ghis26

In view of your stated ultimate goal, the answer appear to point you to considering the export of your Timeline content to a file via

Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = YouTube Widescreen HD. That will give you an AVCHD.mp4 1280 x 720 @ 24 progressive frames per second file. Under the Advanced Button of the preset, you can change the frame rate from 24 to a variety of alternatives. Then you upload this "AVCHD.mp4" file from its hard drive save location to YouTube at the YouTube website. At this point, I do not know if it is a given how YouTube will process your file. One would suspect as a 1280 x 720 file.

If you stay with the upload of the Timeline content to YouTube using the within Premiere Elements route (Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube), as you know, your choices include

Flash Video for YouTube (640 x 480)

High Definition for YouTube (1440 x 1080)

Hight Definition for YouTube (1920 x 1080)

If your choice is 1440 x 1080, then I believe it will be a flip of the coin whether your upload is treated by YouTube as 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080.

The following is some supplemental information on uploads to YouTube.

Advanced encoding settings - YouTube Help

Please let us know if any of the above worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR