5 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2014 3:12 PM by Ned Murphy

Flash CC Help!

Pierre1996

Hi, i'm currently making a flash multimedia project for school. It's pretty much a website layout, with four pages linked together with text navigation. I've just imported video, but when i choose to embed with fly it doesn't work when i publish it. When i import from a file it works fine, but this work will be sent to other computers, and so the external videos will have different file names on other computers, meaning that they won't work when the examiner opens the SWF. How can i save the external videos in a sub folder so that flash will find them no matter what file directory they are under? Help would be really appreciated!

• 1. Re: Flash CC Help!
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

How can the swf find the file(s) if the names will be different on different machines?

• 2. Re: Flash CC Help!
            Pierre1996 Level 1

That's exactly my problem, but i'm not sure how to fix it, any way around? As embedding videos doesn't seem to work for me! :/

• 3. Re: Flash CC Help!

If you don't name the file differently on different machines that would solve most of the problem.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Flash CC Help!
                Pierre1996 Level 1

It's not that in going to change the name of it, but that when I send it off the the examiner, they won't have the same name for their documents, for example when I import the video file it's called pierrewillson/documents/ict2013/heart video, but the examiner will not have this same file name on their computer?! Is there a way of saving this file during import so that the swf will find it no matter the file directory?!

• 5. Re: Flash CC Help!

I get the id3ea that you are talking about paths to the file, not the filename itself.  If you keep the video in the same folder as the swf then you shouldn't have to worry about the path, just specify the file without the path.

Otherwise, if you intend to have the file install as a file system then you probably need to do so by creating an AIR application.  Otherwise, it is entriely up to the user where they place any files.

1 person found this helpful