6 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2014 1:02 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 12 wont open project

nookie1050 Level 1

Hi, have been using PRE 12 for a year or so with no problems, about a month a go whilst using the programme I received a virus which was cleaned but since then I only get the sign on screen and when I choose new project I get the purple and black line for ages then it just sits there, my PC spec is good, Nvidea GTS 450, 6 Gig ram plenty of HHD as I said have had no previous problems I have googled every Q & A and tried everything as follows:-

Scanned with AV from AVG, Avast, Win Defender, Windows essentials all clean no problems, then uninstalled them as not wanting a conflict, tried running with no AV no joy

loaded PRE 12, 5 times now, un installed using windows control panel and Tune up utilities cleaning the registry every time before re installing with fire wall and AV off, found and deleted baddrivers.txt (just the once) disabled the GTS 450 still no joy, rolled it back and tried a previous version, tried loading with diagnostic start up ie nothing else loaded no joy, scandisk, chkdsk, scannow, every type of Windows check I can throw at it, had PRE10 loaded and had the same problem so un installed that, still no joy, ran a Win 7 repair disc (the one you can burn from your own PC) my PC was built professionally (DinoPC) but didn't come with a win 7 disc.

All other programmes run fine, internet fine, it will open the organiser where I down loaded the latest PRE 12 update I am just so frustrated can any one shed some light? Regards Clive.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12 wont open project
          A.T. Romano Level 7

nookie1050

Please take a look at the troubleshooting suggested in the following to determine if any of those possible fixes works for you to get the Premiere Elements 12 Editor opened and working.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Sign In Failure (Connect to Internet or Fix Computer Clock)

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12 wont open project
            nookie1050 Level 1

Hi ATR, thanks for the quick reply, I have renamed the SLStore examples etc to OLD (and they have both reappeared as new folders, I assume that is correct)

the host solution.... I did as it said found 127.0.0.1 (exactly as the example given) I highlighted that line and deleted it, (is it as simple as that?) tried to open PRE 12 and it opened a trial sign on screen asking for a password? deleted that, then suffice to say it didn't work. Went back to check the host screen (note pad) and 127.0.0.1 is back!  hopefully speak soon, Cheers Clive.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12 wont open project
              A.T. Romano Level 7

nookie1050

Thanks for the follow up.

With regard to the hosts file, are you just looking at everything below the line of the hosts file's default text # ::1   localhost, not above that line to # 127.0.0.1  localhost? As I mentioned in the blog post

The Windows 7 64 bit default hosts file is shown in Figure 1. Look for any entries below the line

#  ::1    localhost

If any found, such as, 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com, delete them only after a backup of the hosts file is made and saved to the computer desktop for safe keeping.

If you have not already, you may want to consider

a. uninstall the program

b. update the Adobe Application Manager

c. reinstall Premiere Elements 12 with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

What you might want to consider also is getting Adobe involved via its Adobe Chat. To do that you could click on the following link. When it opens, click on the statement "Still Need Help? Contact Us." to bring up the Adobe Chat on the topic of Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up.

Contact Customer Care

I suggest this since it might have some undocumented troubleshooting that might pin point the issue in your situation.

Please review the above and then let us know how you are progressing.

Do not give up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 12 wont open project
                nookie1050 Level 1

Will do, thank you for your time Clive

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 12 wont open project
                  nookie1050 Level 1

Hi ATR having followed all you suggestions last night (thanks again) every time I subsequently tried opening it, it was asking me to try out a trial version... I ignored it as I didn't want the trial version, so tonight I let the nice man at Adobe take over my computer he went through the same process, I had to put in my password etc (still not wanting a trial version) then it asked for my serial number?? bingo... happy days, weird in a simple kind of way haven't a clue what was wrong but hey thank you.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 12 wont open project
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

nookie1050

Great job by you and Adobe sorting through the details to success in opening your Premiere Elements 12 that would not open.

If you had not contacted Adobe....

I suspect that, when you got the tryout dialog, you could have clicked on "license this product" instead of Continue trial and entered your purchased serial number and whatever else it asked for. This has happened to me serial times even though I work strictly with the purchased version.

Moving forward, sounding good. Success with your projects.

ATR