11 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2014 12:56 PM by A.T. Romano
      • 1. Re: I cant customize a preset.
        A.T. Romano Level 7

then

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

Are you working in a NTSC or PAL setup? And, 720p "what" 720p30 or other? What export choices are you after

Publish+Share

Computer

Adobe Flash VIdeo

MPEG

AVCHD

XAVC-S

AVI

Windows Media

QuickTIme

Audio

Is the problem

a. You cannot find the Advanced Button of the preset to get at the Export Settings customization area?

b. You cannot see anything beyond AVCHD in the list that I have posted above?

c. You do not have QuickTime installed and cannot see the QuickTime presets?

d. Other?

If "b" is involved, use the tiny scroll bar to the right of the list to scroll down to those choices at the bottom of the list. Alternatively, you can click on Adobe Flash Video to select it so that its panel turns blue, and then use the down arrow key to move down the left and later the up arrow key to move up the list.

Please review and consider. We will be watching for your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I cant customize a preset.
          TheNukeThatWentBang Level 1

My Operating System is Windows 7, I don't use AVI because the files are always so huge so normally I just use Windows Media. The problem is that when I click the "Advanced" button, Gyazo - 17e9cc27517f288544e40a9879a0033a.gif and create a custom preset it doesn't acknowledge it, it just stays at the default preset... which is only at 480p and I need it to be at 720p.

• 3. Re: I cant customize a preset.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

then

You were going in the right direction, but just not far enough. Here are the details for your 720p30 as a Windows Media file.

Publish+Share

Computer

Windows Media

with Presets = 720 x 480 16 x 9 29.97

Then click on the Advanced Button, followed by the Video Tab for that preset.

Customize the Export Settings so that they look like

WMV.JPG

The major maneuvers here are:

Frame Width

Frame Height

Click on the chain in the box to right of Frame Width and Frame Height to remove the chain. Then type in

1280 for the Frame Width

and

720  for the Frame Height

When you are finished with that you can click in the empty box to put the chain back in it.

Frame Rate should be 29.97 frames per second.

And, Pixel Aspect Ratio should be Square Pixels (1.0).

Leave everything else as is. Next run, if need be you can increase the Bitrate to see if you get better end product quality. But, keep a good balance between increase in Bitrate with the accompanying increase in file size and increase in quality.

Please review and let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: I cant customize a preset.

The problem was because I was saving the settings... I don't know how but if I don't save it it saves . Now my only question is how to get ride of these black bars on the side of the video. Gyazo - d830763c1d698d2ee0b680e71f3bf029.gif The scale is at 100.0

• 5. Re: I cant customize a preset.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

then

We need to back up, recap....

What is the project preset that you or the project are setting for this project that has the 720p30 export?

If not sure, then please tell us what you see under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the fields appear to be grayed out). What are the properties of your source media that you are importing to the program's Timeline...720p30 or something else? Whatever they are, do they display in the Edit area monitor with or without black borders?

If you have a 16:9 source and project settings, then you should not be seeing black borders in your 1280 x 720 (720p30) export. Please double check all the suggested settings in the Export Settings area to make sure that you have not missed any.

When you have customized your export settings under Advanced Button/Video Tab and have clicked OK, you should get a pop up where you can name your customized preset. Are you naming the customized preset and clicking OK to that? After that are your customized settings now displaying in the Windows Media export main dialog?

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: I cant customize a preset.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

then

What is the screenshot that displays the black border - the 720p30 export or a view of the Timeline before export?

I suspect that it is the 720p30 export.

1. Your project preset is for the default

NTSC

AVCHD

Full HD1080i30

which represents 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second.

2. Even if you were to import an 1280 x 720 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second, no way should you be getting black borders at viewing of the video in the Edit area monitor (with Default Scale to Frame Size in effect) or from the 720p30 export via Windows Media. So, what you are observing in the way of black borders is assumed to be in the export and because of some setting you may have missed.

Please review the screenshot 1, 2, 3

Now1.jpg

1. Advanced Button/Video Tab under Advanced Button

2. The export settings area where you customize the settings 1280 x 720, 29.97, and Pixel Aspect Ratio = Square Pixels (1.0) are the essentials.

3. When you click OK to the Export Settings dialog, you get the Cloose Name dialog. It does not matter what you put for a name. You can leave it with the program's designation "Copy......"  Once you press OK to the Choose Name dialog, you will be back looking at the Windows Media main dialog

Now2.jpg

4. It does not matter if what the Presets: shows as your name for the preset. All you need is that your customized settings are reflected in the area that I circled in red in the 2nd screenshot. A click of the Save of this Windows Media main dialog initiates the export to your 720p30 wmv file.

Do you see anything in the above that you are not doing?

The above is under the assumption that the black borders are in the export and not before export. If black borders before the export, then you need to rethink your project preset, probably set it manually so that the project preset matches the properties of the source media. Or, you just might want to scale up the image in the Edit area monitor to the point where the black borders are no longer present.

Please review the above. We will be watching for further details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: I cant customize a preset.

The video with the black borders is the extracted version, and I have the same exact preset and it still has the black borders. Gyazo - b99eec4eefae145dfcfc2431ccc3c95d.gif

• 9. Re: I cant customize a preset.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

then

I am almost sure I know what you are missing, but let us see. If your project preset is 1920 x 1080 16:9 and your export is 1280 x 720 16:9, the only way I can get the black borders results that you present is to be setting the Pixel Aspect Ratio to D1/DV NTSC Widescreen 16:9 (1.2121) and not what it is supposed to be Square Pixels (1.0). Please double check to make sure Pixel Aspect Ratio = Square Pixels (1.0).

PAR.jpg

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: I cant customize a preset.

That worked Thanks for helping!!!

• 11. Re: I cant customize a preset.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

then

Thanks for the great news of success. Great job.

Glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

The follow up is much appreciated by all who find themselves in a similar situation.

Best wishes

ATR