14 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 12:22 PM by A.T. Romano

serious error

Seeker64

When starting a new project or opening an existing project I get Sorry serious error has occurred adobe premier will need to shut down.  No other things I have seen on forums apply or work.  my QTComponents folder is empty.  I am using wndows 7 with latest updates.  Thanks for any helpful advice.

seeker64

• 1. Re: serious error
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information
          -Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)

What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?

Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?

For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 2. Re: serious error
            Seeker64 Level 1

1.  ATI Radeon HD 4200

2. 8.862.3.0

3.  I have not checked for a newer driver.

4. Ok I will do as suggested and then respond with an exciting answer.

thanks.

• 3. Re: serious error
              Seeker64 Level 1

The ATI DriverDetect indicated the latest driver is being used.

• 4. Re: serious error
                Seeker64 Level 1

So any more comment about my adobe premiere problem short of rebuilding my computer?

• 5. Re: serious error
                  dggphotovideo

Did you already tryied to uninstall and reinstall Premiere?

If you uninstall Premiere, before you reinstall it, please check if:

- UAC is disabled (if is enabled, disable it) to disable UAC, do the following steps: Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Change User Account Control Setting>put the slider totally at the bottom

Than reinstall Premiere

• 6. Re: serious error
                    Seeker64 Level 1

Did exactly as posted and still the same error occurs.  At one point it asked for an adobe photoshop update would that have anything to do with it?  Thanks for the patience to discovering the solution to this problem.

• 7. Re: serious error
                      Seeker64 Level 1

this is very frustrating.  no one has an answer -- I call adobe and they have no one trained in elements 7 anymore. so I guess I am just screwed. 

• 8. Re: serious error
                        shooternz Level 6

Premiere Elements 7 ?

• 9. Re: serious error
                          Seeker64 Level 1

Yes it is Premiere Elements 7.  Thank you very much for your response.  I would like to get this fixed so I could use this excellent product produced by adobe.

• 10. Re: serious error
                            Mark Mapes Adobe Employee

Moved from Premiere Pro forum to Premiere Elements forum.

• 11. Re: serious error
                              YvonH.kap Level 1

I have the exact same problem with Adobe Premiere Elements 9 and from what I saw on the web, there seem to be a lot of users with this problem but no solutions I found worked.

I probably uninstalled and reinstalled APE9 more than 10 times trying different things each time including running CCleaner everything I uninstall it.

At least if the message could give some indication of where the error was detected it would give us a clue.

• 12. Re: serious error
                                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The challenge is that the problem is with your individual computer configuration, not the software -- otherwise everyone would be experiencing exactly the same issue. And there's no one-size-fits-all fix.

The only solution is to troubleshoot your entire system -- looking for software conflicts, outdated drivers, fragmented or temp files, and to consider if the format of video you're trying to edit is the problem. (Version 7, for instance, did not edit non-tape-based video well.)

Have you tried version 12's free demo to see if the issue is that your old XP-based versions of the program are having trouble on a 64-bit operating system or have you tried running your older versions in compatibility mode?

• 13. Re: serious error
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

YvonH.kap has long since started a new thread specific to the issues faced by this user.

Premiere Elements 9 - "Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Elements..(2)

Lots of active troubleshooting going on in that thread, including the latest troubleshooting strategy to include Premiere Elements 12

as a troubleshooting tool.

There have been many Premiere Elements 9 threads of late with this same type of problem. It is getting to be an epidemic. So, YvonH.kap

is not the only one facing a gray window.

ATR

• 14. Re: serious error
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Seeker 64

Your thread seems to have detoured, apparently to your disadvantage...first posting in the wrong forum and more recently having

others join your thread.

It is now June 16, 2014. This thread was started by you on May 5, 2014. Where do you stand with your Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit) troubleshooting then until now?

Problem: Premiere Elements 7 new project or old crashing at start up. Is that correct?

What is your antivirus program and does the problem exist with and without the antivirus disabled?

1. Is the latest version of QuickTime installed on this computer with Premiere Elements 7? What is this QT Components Folder to which you refer?

2. Are you running the computer from a User Account with Administrative Privileges as well as Run As Administrator?

3. Your ATI video card/graphics card is apparently up to date....

4. Have you deleted the settings file which is named Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

and in the 7.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements 7 Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole

7.0 Folder in which the Premiere Elements 7 Prefs file exists. Be sure to have Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives

active so that you can see the complete path cited.

5. When you did the program uninstall/reinstall previously did you include a ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) in

between the uninstall and reinstall?

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

I have actually worked with and am working with Premiere Elements 7 Windows.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance in getting you moving forward in your Premiere Elements 7 projects using this thread for

exchange of troubleshooting informaton.

Thanks.

ATR