7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2014 8:13 PM by A.T. Romano

how do I adjust the font size for the menus?

sfcalling

I just installed Premire elements 12 and don't see a setting to adjust the size of  menus?  everything's too small...  There is an option in LightRoom, but I dion't see it here...

• 1. Re: how do I adjust the font size for the menus?
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.

• 2. Re: how do I adjust the font size for the menus?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

sfcalling

12 MovieMenus.JPG

Click on the text in the menu so that you see the bounding box around it. Look to the right of the Movie Menu customization workspace, Adjustments Palette, Text and edit your text font style and size.

In this screenshot, "Glass Flowers" text in the main menu is selected and its Adjustments Palette Text editing opportunities are shown. To do comparable editing in the scene menu, click on the scene menu in the bin to bring its image up to the screen.

Please let us know if you are OK with the details.

Please also review the following Adobe document on disc menus which applies to both version 11 and 12.

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 * Creating disc menus

By the way, what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: how do I adjust the font size for the menus?
              nealeh Level 5

If you're referring to the program menus (rather than a menu for your project) then you cannot change that. Options are to use your computers accessibility tools (e.g. screen magnifier), increase the system font sizes or lower your screen resolution.

Cheers,

--

Neale

• 4. Re: how do I adjust the font size for the menus?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

sfcalling

Please let us know what computer operating system your Premiere Elements 12 is running on.

Also, please clarify what menus you are referring to, disc menus text or workspace menu headers. I assumed that you were referring to disc menu text.

If you are referring to menus text in the workspace menu headers, I do not see that is possible even in Lightroom 5.4. What you appear to get in Lightroom 5.4 is increase in the font size in the Panels, not the File, Edit, Slideshow, Play, View, Window, Help menus at the top of the modules (or any options under those menus.) See Lightroom 5.4,

Edit Menu

Preferences

Interface and then Panels/Font Size with its options for

Automatic (default)

Small

Medium

Large - 150%

Largest - 200%

If you go to Large or Largest, the bottom of the workspace will likely be cut off if you try to get to an OK button.

In Premiere Elements 12, there is no Edit Menu/Preferences/Interface, so the above adjustments cannot be made within the program.

If you go to a change in the System font size (Control Panel/Display), do you really want that? What is the native resolution of your computer's monitor?

ATR

• 5. Re: how do I adjust the font size for the menus?
                  Lanster

I just installed the same on my Lenovo ultrabook. The menus are microscopic, it's not even usable. Is there no fix for this?

• 7. Re: how do I adjust the font size for the menus?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

lanster

What is the native resolution of your laptop monitor?  And, what screen size is involved 12.5 to 14 inches?

There are no adjustments within Premiere Elements preferences (or anywhere else in Premiere Elements) to adjust the font size of the menu names.

If you purchased from Adobe direct, I believe it offers a strict within 30 days of purchase money back.

ATR

Add On...I am assuming that you are referring to the menu names in the workspace and not the disc menus text.