7 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2014 7:18 AM by highschools

Printing forms

highschools

I have created forms with multi text boxes.  I have made the boxes as large as allowed.  Some people are having trouble printing all the text in these boxes.  Only the first two or three lines print, others have the whole text print.  Can you tell me why this is happening.  These forms are for scholarships and it is important that we have all the information.

• 1. Re: Printing forms
          jcanepa Adobe Employee

The data submitted should all be there regardless of how the form prints.  What is you specific workflow?  Are you using pdf forms or HTML?  When are the forms being printed?

-Jeff

• 2. Re: Printing forms
            highschools Level 1

Hi Jeff,

The forms are created in Forms Central and saved as PDF’s.  The forms are then placed as links on our web page.  The forms are being printed after the applicant fills in the form.  The data is all there but when it is printed only the first three lines of the data shows on the printed form.  I have gone through the help and tutorials to try to fix this but they tell me to go to menus that I don’t have.  I have Acrobat Pro XI and it takes me to Forms Central when I want to create a new form from scratch.

• 3. Re: Printing forms
              jcanepa Adobe Employee

Could you share the forms with me so I can take a look and get a better idea of what is happening?

• 4. Re: Printing forms
                highschools Level 1

I have attached one of the forms that we use.  Hopefully this will help both of us.

• 5. Re: Printing forms
                  jcanepa Adobe Employee

Could you email me one of the forms (jcanepa@adobe.com)?  I'm not seeing where to retrieve the attachment.

-Jeff

• 6. Re: Printing forms
                    jcanepa Adobe Employee

Nice form.  The best way to "fix" this problem is to change the forms in FormsCentral and republish them as pdf.  You should be able to make the fields that need to be taller MUCH taller using Multiline text field.  In FormsCentral you "grab" the size widget at the bottom right of the field and size the form field as needed.  This is preferable to editing the form in Acrobat Pro.  In Acrobat Pro you can resize the fields, but the text will not automatically move, wrap.

Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 3.28.49 PM.png

If you are having trouble resizing the fields then in FormsCentral export the form as a design file and email me the resulting .fcdt file.

-Jeff

• 7. Re: Printing forms
                      highschools Level 1

Thank you Jeff, I will try that.  I appreciate your help.