I'll try to explain everything the first time around. Adobe CC 184.108.40.206
Mid 2011 27 in IMac
2.7 GHz Intel i5 processor
8 GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5
I have Comp that is a duplicate of another Comp that I added about 20 text layers too. I did this because it is a 6 part video series with the same minute long intro. It was filmed on a green screen and keyed out using primatte. I am using the Kandal font from TypeKit. I have used this font for the last 6 months with no problem.
Right before I rendered out to h.264 I restarted my computer (as I usually do) so the RAM would clear and it would render a few minutes faster. When I opened the project back up I noticed that the lower thirds comp I added in had jibberish font as well as text layers. It also appears this way inside After Effects. It is inconsistent and effects different frames in different areas and it does NOT affect all text. Someone please tell me how to fix this. Screenshots below (I cut out a lot because it is a client)
The photo above was a screenshot from inside after effects
The video below has part blurred out because it is a client but shows the problem in action.
Looks like corrupted fonts to me. Try changing the font in AE and see if the text clears up. If it does not then try typing something new. If that fails tell us everything you can about your project and try to remember anything that may have changed since this project worked successfully.
I just tried highlighting all of my text layers and changing the font and then changing it back as well as changing the font size slightly (It used to work when I had problems with Keylight even though it sounds crazy). So far the render looks like it working but I'll know for sure in about 30 minutes.