6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2007 4:14 PM by MikeL7

home page issues

MelissaFanning
      Hey,
      I was just hoping someone could help me figure out how to change my home page back to what it was before.
      I recently had someone work on my site and set up a login process with php. And ever since the registration for the login process is now my home page which I didn't want at all. I need my users to be able to view what the website is all about before they are prompted to register to it.
      On Dreamweaver my home page is still there and it is still entitled index.html so I am confused as to why it is not showing up when I go to my site.
      Can Anyone Help Please?
      I do already have a page on the site entitled Getting Started I'd like to switch it so that the login is there and so that my home page shows up the way it was previously.
      Any Suggestions?
        • 1. Re: home page issues
          Level 7
          Could you post a link to the site?

--
          B
          www.visit-the-coqui.com/
          If you are thinking of a vacation to Puerto Rico

http://gadgetgrapevine.blogspot.com
          Latest gadget and other news here

"MelissaFanning" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fbmblc$e8m$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hey,
          > I was just hoping someone could help me figure out how to change my home
          > page
          > back to what it was before.
          > I recently had someone work on my site and set up a login process with
          > php.
          > And ever since the registration for the login process is now my home page
          > which
          > I didn't want at all. I need my users to be able to view what the website
          > is
          > all about before they are prompted to register to it.
          > On Dreamweaver my home page is still there and it is still entitled
          > index.html
          > so I am confused as to why it is not showing up when I go to my site.
          > Can Anyone Help Please?
          > I do already have a page on the site entitled Getting Started I'd like to
          > switch it so that the login is there and so that my home page shows up the
          > way
          > it was previously.
          > Any Suggestions?
          >

• 2. Re: home page issues
            Level 7

Probably not. We'd have to see all your server-side code and server settings
            to really figure out what's going on. Can you not contact your developer
            that wrote it for you in the first place?

-Darrel

• 3. Re: home page issues
              Level 7
              On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:41:00 +0000 (UTC), "MelissaFanning"
              <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>Hey,
              > I was just hoping someone could help me figure out how to change my home page
              >back to what it was before.
              > I recently had someone work on my site and set up a login process with php.
              >And ever since the registration for the login process is now my home page which
              >I didn't want at all. I need my users to be able to view what the website is
              >all about before they are prompted to register to it.
              > On Dreamweaver my home page is still there and it is still entitled index.html
              >so I am confused as to why it is not showing up when I go to my site.
              > I do already have a page on the site entitled Getting Started I'd like to
              >switch it so that the login is there and so that my home page shows up the way
              >it was previously.
              > Any Suggestions?

At the very least, let's see the CODE for your home page, That might
              be all we need to help.
              • 4. Re: home page issues
                MelissaFanning Level 1
                You mean the CODE for the login process that was done in php??
                • 5. Re: home page issues
                  Level 7
                  On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:45:59 +0000 (UTC), "MelissaFanning"
                  <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>You mean the CODE for the login process that was done in php??

I mean any and all code that is on or called from the home page.
                  • 6. Re: home page issues
                    MikeL7 Level 1
                    You could check the Server Bahaviors panel and see if 'Restrict Access to page' is listed, then delete the behavior if it is. This will only work if the developer used DW to make the login process. Otherwise you need to post the code so someone can tell you what to delete.